GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part VI

What is the SCF matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
If useless defencemen would stop hitting every player into their net/goalie then forwards would have to actually pretend to avoid them.

I agree in general and I'm usually saying the goalies get too much protection, but that wasn't the case here. McKegg was still untouched going full speed towards Rask two feet from the edge of the crease. The defenseman getting a price of him still wasn't enough to divert him away from the goalie. That's a penalty every time...except when the puck actually goes in, go figure.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
What a load of BS. Bruins score off that ridiculous penalty to Hamilton when the Bruins should have gotten the penalty. But the refs are neutral, NHL says so.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
No sympathy for the Canes but that's a brutal call. Can't say I mind seeing something not break their way for once.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I expect nothing better out of a Marc Joanette reffed game. I hadn't heard his name in a while, I actually thought the NHL had finally fired him. We could never be so lucky.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
You miss the non call for Foegele on Krug in the first?

I did in fact miss most of the first period. I'm just tired of the crappy reffing these playoffs that seems to favor the bigger market teams. The Bruins specifically have gotten some significant breaks with the refs these playoffs.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I did in fact miss most of the first period. I'm just tired of the crappy reffing these playoffs that seems to favor the bigger market teams. The Bruins specifically have gotten some significant breaks with the refs these playoffs.
These refs aren't favoring anyone.

They are just really bad at their jobs.

Reactions: Kepler 186f

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Boston was far from great. I wouldn't start shoveling dirt onto Hurricanes yet, and I'm kind of surprised Grapes felt Carolina had to have this one. The home team is in much bigger trouble if they lose the opener, not the road team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad