GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part III

How many Canadian teams make it to the second round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
2z17zt.jpg

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Here's a thought guys:

What would you prefer?

Oilers beat Flames in last regular season game and claim 8th in the NHL Entry Draft, but, destroying Calgary's confidence on the ice against the Avs.

or

Losing to the Flames and picking 2nd in the NHL Entry Draft but seeing the Flames make it to the West Finals.

I choose destroying their confidence :D

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The Flames just are not built for the playoffs. It’s that simple. Everyone knows the regular season is infinitely different than the ploffs.

When you rely on 3rd period comebacks and your top players are Charmin soft you cannot compete for the cup. They are paper tigers. It’s not even a small sample size. Their last 3 playoff appearances prove this.

And I. f***ing. Love. It.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Anyone who wants a good laugh go read the last post in the Flames GDT by OKG (he changed his name to something along the lines of wah wah the refs). A legendary post. Here's a quick teaser.

"I said Mark Jankowski would be a much better player than he is by now, and for that reason I am closing my HFboards account."

"4) For the most part, Calgary didn't play bad tonight. This was the only game in the series where they played Flames hockey. The Hanifin-Hamonic pair was a liability and that needs to be addressed, but on a whole I am fine losing the way we did tonight."

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
"4) For the most part, Calgary didn't play bad tonight. This was the only game in the series where they played Flames hockey. The Hanifin-Hamonic pair was a liability and that needs to be addressed, but on a whole I am fine losing the way we did tonight."

lmao, guy has to be drunk. So much denial.

Reactions: TB12 and Aerrol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
THIS:

Thanks, Wideman - literally sums up our officiating this series.

Refs have completely imposed their will on thier series. Disgusting.

Which team does the league have a greater incentive to support with bad calls and careless officiating? The one that sells out every game, or the small market team with a lot of first-generation fans?

I'm not saying I believe that the officiating is slanted, but if it were, it would obviously be in favour of the teams that the NHL has a greater likelihood of losing or that aren't as profitable.

TO THIS:

Tkachuk taking a dumb penalty... great.

Chucky with the dumbest penalty of the series.

I'm his biggest fan but that was pure stupidity

In the biggest game of the season, Tkachuk does that. Just dumb

Just pure stupidity

Will wonder how the negotiations go when he wants to be the highest paid flame ever. Good luck with that lol

TO THIS:

Somebody needs to beat up McKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad