GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part III

How many Canadian teams make it to the second round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
These callers are all just calling in to kiss ass and thank everyone.

They’re not even mad. No fire. Couldn’t think of a more appropriate fan base to represent their team. Balls of a church mouse.
The amount of empty seats near the end was disgusting to me, I don't care if they had a bad first round, the team had a huge season but got beat - at least clap them off the ice! Assholes.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Man I thought goaltending would be the Flames weakness but Smith was their best player this series and they lost. On paper they were a lock for this series but they got obliterated by a 1 line time. Full points to Colorado for bringing the juice

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Man I thought goaltending would be the Flames weakness but Smith was their best player this series and they lost. On paper they were a lock for this series but they got obliterated by a 1 line time. Full points to Colorado for bringing the juice
100+ shots in 2 games. And his save % was .932 heading in to the final game. He went out of his mind and they still couldn't get it done. Smith was great, as much as I dislike the diving king he was great.

I have no idea how they didn't get it done, he gave them straight-to-the-finals goaltending.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
My god could this George guy be a bigger knob gobbler for everyone that works for this radio station? Yikes. That was embarrassing to listen to.
He always does that. Mister luboardious. Mister wills. Lol. Sucks up every call.

Reactions: TB12

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I'm waiting for my Parsons. He tood pat last time that he hears the station hates him and thought he was a loser lol.

Seems like a nice guy not a homer.

I always laugh when Robert calls in. Half of these guys treat pat like a celebrity. Always asking him to meet up etc lol.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Neal right now on not re-signing with Vegas

5C6NIOV.jpg

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Flames biggest weakness turns into their biggest strength...and they still somehow lose in FIVE!? Utter hilarity. Tampa Bay may have set a new standard for choke jobs, but don't let that distract you from how huge of a choke this was! Out in 5...I can still barely believe it, even though it looked imminent after Game 3. My god haha!

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Avs are going to be a formidable team in the future.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Flames biggest weakness turns into their biggest strength...and they still somehow lose in FIVE!? Utter hilarity. Tampa Bay may have set a new standard for choke jobs, but don't let that distract you from how huge of a choke this was! Out in 5...I can still barely believe it, even though it looked imminent after Game 3. My god haha!
What a strange thing hey? Mike Smith couldn't save a puck against the Ducks then this year their forwards can't score a goal to save the world. Hockey gods have blessed us... with Calgary losses.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Loubardias is an insufferable, miserable, homer piece of ****.

“When things get difficult it’s really hard.”

Willis: “I’ll try and not break down on the air for the second time tonight....I shed some tears tonight in the broadcast booth.”
BAHAHAHAHAHA this idiot just admitted to crying on air about the Flames loss hahahaha. Pathetic.

They all are saying that the Lames will be better next year because of this loss. They refuse to admit that this team is just NOT made to compete in the playoffs.
Sounds like the Oilers in 2016.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
What a strange thing hey? Mike Smith couldn't save a puck against the Ducks then this year their forwards can't score a goal to save the world. Hockey gods have blessed us... with Calgary losses.

Yeah hard to believe Colorado of all teams made every single one of those Flames forwards vanish. If you'd told me coming in that they'd get better than average goaltending, I'd have picked them to sweep. Crazy turn of events.

Austerlitz

Jun 26, 2018
Welp tonight was a beauty.
Watched on the Avs feed.
Flamer sister in law wound up being a no show.
Flames get pounded and eliminated.
I’m still sober.

Good night gents! I will sleep well 2 nite!

I read that as you pounded your sister-in-law while sober.

Reactions: Aerchon
Oct 15, 2008
Someone said these things.........

The AV's aren't even in the same league depth wise. They can't compete, see my edit in the previous post.

Outcomes can be different if the teams are even remotely similar. The Flames are night and day better than the AV's throughout the lineup, and at every position AND they are committed to playing a team game.

The one horse team that doesn't give a flying **** about coaching doesn't win this matchup in the playoffs, ever.

The only cases in which underdogs win is when they have good or better depth or commit to playing a better team game. I've never seen that from the AV's.

jebus I'd rather see a half dead Hawks team as an opponent for the Flames. They would be more of an adversary

The Avalanche are the very definition of a playoff participant. Reminds me of a 16 seed in March Madness. A formality of a team.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad