GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part III

How many Canadian teams make it to the second round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
To add to Keith's post about CBJ forecheck. With Hedman being out it really forced a lot of guys to play more than they should.

Coburn and Girardi are also getting close to their expiration date and it's not a good sign when you have both in a game.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
To add to Keith's post about CBJ forecheck. With Hedman being out it really forced a lot of guys to play more than they should.
Sounds like exactly what the Oilers have been experiencing for years. Instead of insulating guys, they are getting played over their heads and traded for pennies on the dollar, then succeeding. Their replacement is then played over their heads, traded for pennies on the dollar, and succeeds elsewhere.

Instead of shipping underperforming guys out, we need to bring in people to insulate them.

Reactions: Dazed and Confused

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Question for you guys, if Jon Cooper get's fired by Tampa Bay for that playoff series (some posters wanting his head on the TB forum), would you take him as our head coach?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Tampa is just lol
giphy.gif

Reactions: imtheboy

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Question for you guys, if Jon Cooper get's fired by Tampa Bay for that playoff series (some posters wanting his head on the TB forum), would you take him as our head coach?

Why not. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they fire him after extending him, because they know that some team is going to pick up that contract.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
It's hilarious using every argument that Crosby/Kuch fans used against McDavid on their own players.

I don't even have to write my own material!

Reactions: Porkleaker

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
It's hilarious using every argument that Crosby/Kuch fans used against McDavid on their own players.

The fact is McDavid ain’t got much on Crosby yet but Kuch is a different story!

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Sounds like exactly what the Oilers have been experiencing for years. Instead of insulating guys, they are getting played over their heads and traded for pennies on the dollar, then succeeding. Their replacement is then played over their heads, traded for pennies on the dollar, and succeeds elsewhere.

Instead of shipping underperforming guys out, we need to bring in people to insulate them.
Yep as good as Sergachev is now and developing to be a top 4 stud he sure looked overwhelmed that series especially with Hedman out! When the young dmen are finally called up they’ll need a good vet or two to help mentor/ shelter them and not too sure how good Klefbom, Nurse or even Larsson will be as mentors but they’ll definitely shelter their minutes

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

I'll vindicate Crosby here. He has certainly held his own, plundered his gold with multiple Stanley cups, critical roles on Team Canada Olympic wins, and international tournaments. If he didn't win another thing, and probably won't his legacy is complete. Its harder to have the burning fire, the intensity, to match opponents when you've already done it all multiple times.

Crosby could be banged up, injured, not as inspired. To his credit he carried a mostly listless Pens team all season and is the main reason they are even in the playoffs. Malkin, lost in space, was -25 this season in a deplorable year.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
As much as I loathe the Flames, hate them, I can't escape a feeling that the club rebounds with their best effort of the series tonight and that it is only the 4th game. Simply win tonight and the Flames again have the series tied with a best out of 3 and 2 of the games at the Soresaddledome.

AV's, and I've seen this before, are every bit as inconsistent as the Flames are showing. All the AV's have done to this point is put themselves in a good position. But they better not underestimate tonight.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I'll vindicate Crosby here. He has certainly held his own, plundered his gold with multiple Stanley cups, critical roles on Team Canada Olympic wins, and international tournaments. If he didn't win another thing, and probably won't his legacy is complete. Its harder to have the burning fire, the intensity, to match opponents when you've already done it all multiple times.

Crosby could be banged up, injured, not as inspired. To his credit he carried a mostly listless Pens team all season and is the main reason they are even in the playoffs. Malkin, lost in space, was -25 this season in a deplorable year.
Oh yea he's had an amazing career.
But when you deal with fans that say he's still better than McDavid currently because he's still better in the playoffs, it's nice to attack back.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
As much as I loathe the Flames, hate them, I can't escape a feeling that the club rebounds with their best effort of the series tonight and that it is only the 4th game. Simply win tonight and the Flames again have the series tied with a best out of 3 and 2 of the games at the Soresaddledome.

AV's, and I've seen this before, are every bit as inconsistent as the Flames are showing. All the AV's have done to this point is put themselves in a good position. But they better not underestimate tonight.
Nope. 4-1 avs. Johnny with 3 dives.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->