Around the League Part XII: Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If Subban can find consistency this deal will be a great one in the near-future: he's either winning them games or hurting them when he's not on his game.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Wow, did Big Ben even get paid.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 15m ·
This is probably already out there but in case: Ben Bishop 2 x $5.95 M AAV

I like him as a person and I am happy for him, but I really wonder what Stevie is thinking on this one. He played outside of his career numbers for about a season's worth of games between the lockout and last year, and this payday is huge.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009

I like him as a person and I am happy for him, but I really wonder what Stevie is thinking on this one. He played outside of his career numbers for about a season's worth of games between the lockout and last year, and this payday is huge.

Two year term takes most of the risk out of the equation.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

Term is the thing. Two years is not overcommitment. If he keeps playing like a franchise goalie it's all gravy. If not, it'll be over soon enough.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Yeah, I get that 2 years is not overcommitting. But it is not as though the dollar figure is meaningless either. They had to juggle contracts around to free up space just over a month ago, so it is not as if they have limitless space in their budget.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Actually, both Subban and Bergevin respect each other and made that very clear. Subban even went onto local radio and told fans to calm down. I think it's more of a case of fans blowing this up way worse than what it actually was behind closed doors.

Well it was not handled well at all. They went to arbitration (a terrible process for players to actually go through) just to get a deal done on their own, with zero discount. They paid TOP dollar.

The fact is Montreal had 13 months to lock up their star player and get this deal done... they couldn't have played it much worse than they did.

This deal should have been done two years ago. Montreal ****ed up, lesson learned.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Since I have a lot of free time this summer (vacations for several months), I have been reading the poll sections a bit. It's incredible the amount of hate Sens/Sens fans are getting. What have you guys done? lol

For that reason, this fanbase should really start to be more behind this team and its players, they need our support. Also, it will be fun to serve crow in the next few years.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Since I have a lot of free time this summer (vacations for several months), I have been reading the poll sections a bit. It's incredible the amount of hate Sens/Sens fans are getting. What have you guys done? lol

For that reason, this fanbase should really start to be more behind this team and its players, they need our support. Also, it will be fun to serve crow in the next few years.

With expectations gone, players will get way less hate. People will be back to liking all the players. I'm definitely gonna make a point of laying off of Phillips and Michalek. I don't wanna remember Phillips last few years as annoyance.

Gonna be fun being the underdog team again. Everyone on the mainboard has the Sens as a bottom 5 team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ahhhh predictions. I could literally not give a **** about predictions anymore. I remember when people were predicting the sens to be 3rd in the atlantic division last season. In fact, some people even thought we could challenge the division. I bet people were also predicting the avs to be out of the playoffs as well. Now people are overrating the bolts just like they overrated the sens. Predictions mean NOTHING.

In the real world, the sens have as much of a chance as the isles and panthers to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad