Around the league - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I would give Pavelec away for nothing to rid ourselves of that contract. He's played better but I don't feel confident it will last.

It took Edmonton nearly 8 million dollars (Hendricks ridic contract + retaining half of Dubs remaining salary) to get rid of an expiring contract Dubnyk (like 600K-800K left for NSH). Now remember that Pavelec has 12 million left. Urgh.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It took Edmonton nearly 8 million dollars (Hendricks ridic contract + retaining half of Dubs remaining salary) to get rid of an expiring contract Dubnyk (like 600K-800K left for NSH). Now remember that Pavelec has 12 million left. Urgh.

Almost makes sense to just bury him in the minors. I how Maurice will give Pavelec what he earns and nothing more in terms of ice time

Last edited by a moderator:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
LOL Subban is amazing. Got hit by McClement, then he literally tackles McClement by the left sideboards... chases McClement over to the right sideboards and tackles him again... all this while Leafs create a scoring chance with Gardiner passing through the crease to a free man... Subban comes in and trips the guy saving a goal :laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Almost makes sense to just bury him in the minors. I how Maurice will give Pavelec what he earns and nothing more in terms of ice time

That doesn't help us as he still gets paid his NHL salary and works against whatever internal cap TNSE has set. We are stuck with him. Our only hope is a Liles for Gleason style salary dump for salary dump trade

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
LOL Subban is amazing. Got hit by McClement, then he literally tackles McClement by the left sideboards... chases McClement over to the right sideboards and tackles him again... all this while Leafs create a scoring chance with Gardiner passing through the crease to a free man... Subban comes in and trips the guy saving a goal :laugh:

Subban's quite the character and definitely has his detractors, but I'd love to have him on the Jets. :nod: His positives FAR outweigh his negatives, in my opinion.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Subban's quite the character and definitely has his detractors, but I'd love to have him on the Jets. :nod: His positives FAR outweigh his negatives, in my opinion.

He's an amazing talent for sure. To think that the Ducks drafted Tangradi one spot before him...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Gotta love ACC. Like 5 people back in their seats from hashmarks to hashmarks behind the benches to start the 2nd period. Too busy on their blackberries.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Puck goes over the glass hits the netting, comes back in and the Red Wings score. Goal counts. With 26 seconds left to tie the game. Wow, what a HORRENDOUS call.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Wtf in the canucks-flames game? All 10 players drop the gloves right at the opening face off? Coaches are into it to!

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Intermission, Tortilla went to the Flames dressing room to get at Hartley. Gonna be some serious fines and suspensions coming. Be surprised if Torts is even allowed back for the 2nd period, lol.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Intermission, Tortilla went to the Flames dressing room to get at Hartley. Gonna be some serious fines and suspensions coming. Be surprised if Torts is even allowed back for the 2nd period, lol.

I mentioned it on the main board, I know its just a coincidence, but the next time these teams play each other is March 8, the 10 year anniversary of the Bertuzzi/Moore incident.

26am.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad