Around the league part 2

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
The nhl couldn’t force him to sell his team. This is how they get rid of him. Pay him a shit ton of money and tell him he can come back if he has an arena built in 5 years. Chances of that happening are slim to none. Basically has to find land, get plans made and approved and break ground in 2 years or less. Fat chance.

Goes to show when you’re rich you can solve any problem with money. “31 of us hate you, here’s 700million to go away”

Dang, $1 billion!!! That Chicano did good! He made off like a, wait for it, wait for it, like a Bandit!

Reactions: Bandit

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Watching the Wild vs. Kraken on espn. The announcers, they have a real hardy for Faber.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I mean I hate local politics and Scottsdale and Phoenix are having a bitchy pillowfight, but Merulo comes out of this looking like a complete f***ing scumbag, right? I can't believe he woudl be linked to bringing them BACK to AZ. Unless Im missing something big.
It’s a bribe from the league to go away quietly and allow the relocation to go as easily as possible. There’s talk that the league will net $2 billion per team in the next round of expansion and Phoenix is now probably the most valuable market without an NHL team. No way is the NHL gonna gift this guy Coyotes 2 at half price.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Or does it? But yes, fans know more than hockey execs.....that's the f***ing theme of this board lmao

Why are you so angry in just about every reply? All these replies calling people clowns, saying how stupid and clueless everyone is, how nobody should judge anything that management does.

It sure seems like you don’t gain much enjoyment from being a part of this community.

Reactions: tigermask48

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Our team doesn’t even have an identity lmao

Sweet we found a taker for PLD

couple of days away. On Jeff Carter was the emotional of players dealt away. Amazing that Quick went to watch him play his last game!! I hoe him and Richards open a bar somewhere.

Anyone who watches it's always sunny in Philadelphia think Carter reminds them of Rickety Cricket? Carter came to LA looking like Ken and left looking like a hobo.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Why are you so angry in just about every reply? All these replies calling people clowns, saying how stupid and clueless everyone is, how nobody should judge anything that management does.

It sure seems like you don’t gain much enjoyment from being a part of this community.
The enjoyment is gained FROM the anger. Arrogant narcissist know it alls can never just relax and discuss something. Superiority must be established at all times. Always holding court, even in a small online hockey community. It must be exhausting.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Not angry at all, I find it absolutely hilarious that a bunch of people who at best watch hockey, think they know more than people who have been involved in it their entire lives, not only that, people who watch the games and read articles, think they know what's going on off the ice, with everyone, and are therefore qualified to make judgements....

I mean f*** in one thread alone, Byfield was only motivated by money last night, because of the bonuses...that was an actual take.....there are takes that coaches/management doesnt like Kaliyev....

Shit like that is absolutely stupid.....

Reactions: br3ds0x

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
In his first six playoff series as an Av, Blake won more playoff series (Six) than his entire Kings career (Five), including beating the Kings for two of those series wins.

This asshole is going to wind up GM of San Jose in five years and win a Cup while knocking the Kings out of the playoffs to do so. This guy's entire life is about effing over this organization.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Our team doesn’t even have an identity lmao

Makes sense. They still have legacy veterans in Crosby Malkin and Letang. As long as they are playing they will have the keys to run the show. Much like the Kings with Kopitar Doughty and Quick.
It would be hard to imagine the Penguins completely bottoming out with Crosby so they may not even get any top 5 picks.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
We haven't even played game 1 and I'm getting on the Stars bandwagon. Man that's a deep team, and it feels like this playoffs will be Harley, Johnston (with a T) and Stank's coming out party.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Not angry at all, I find it absolutely hilarious that a bunch of people who at best watch hockey, think they know more than people who have been involved in it their entire lives, not only that, people who watch the games and read articles, think they know what's going on off the ice, with everyone, and are therefore qualified to make judgements....

I mean f*** in one thread alone, Byfield was only motivated by money last night, because of the bonuses...that was an actual take.....there are takes that coaches/management doesnt like Kaliyev....

Do you want Blake and co to be here next year, still leading the way? Just curious.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Its weird that triggers you all the time. There are different types of fans on here... armchair GMs on one extreme and blind fan boys/girls other extreme with all points in between. To me the ones that critique the team with well reasoned arguments are like journalists from the past that used to critique government vs how mainstream media which now is an arm of the government. You dont need to be in government to critique it - same applies to armchair GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad