Around the league part 2

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That didn't last long. Blowing a 3 goal lead then losing is pretty bad. I would love for Vegas to miss after the LTIR shenanigans they pulled again.
I have no issues with the LTIR stuff if your team loses a good player than you should be allowed to replace. I'm sure they would rather have Stone in their lineup. I was pissed when Chicago did it with Kane, but the rest of the world did not seem to mind.

My issue is they could ice a $92M lineup in the playoffs. Teams should have to ice a cap compliant roster in the playoffs. If everyone is healthy this would still give an aggressive team, like Vegas, an advantage as they can pick who to put in and who to sit. Still would be over the cap as I would not count healthy scratches towards this cap.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I have no issues with the LTIR stuff if your team loses a good player than you should be allowed to replace. I'm sure they would rather have Stone in their lineup. I was pissed when Chicago did it with Kane, but the rest of the world did not seem to mind.

My issue is they could ice a $92M lineup in the playoffs. Teams should have to ice a cap compliant roster in the playoffs. If everyone is healthy this would still give an aggressive team, like Vegas, an advantage as they can pick who to put in and who to sit. Still would be over the cap as I would not count healthy scratches towards this cap.
Why though? For the life of me I'll never understand why a guy getting injured means you can replace him with someone who is just as good...but only until a certain date in the season. Why even have a minor league system if you aren't supposed to use those guys when injuries happen?

LTIR shouldn't even be a thing. Sorry something happened to your best defensemen during the course of the game. Probably time to bring up one of the guys you signed to a two-way deal specifically to help in the case of an injury.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Why though? For the life of me I'll never understand why a guy getting injured means you can replace him with someone who is just as good...but only until a certain date in the season. Why even have a minor league system if you aren't supposed to use those guys when injuries happen?

LTIR shouldn't even be a thing. Sorry something happened to your best defensemen during the course of the game. Probably time to bring up one of the guys you signed to a two-way deal specifically to help in the case of an injury.
Because the NHL has a hard cap. If it were a floating cap, or some sort of luxury cap system would be different. Also just because you can does not mean you will, you still have to find a team willing to trade a high profile player to fill that spot. That costs assets (where the farm system plays a role). I like teams being aggressive and going for it. More the league can do to help that out the better IMO.

remember when Columbus went nuts adding a bunch of pieces at the deadline. I wanted that team to win it all.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Because the NHL has a hard cap. If it were a floating cap, or some sort of luxury cap system would be different. Also just because you can does not mean you will, you still have to find a team willing to trade a high profile player to fill that spot. That costs assets (where the farm system plays a role). I like teams being aggressive and going for it. More the league can do to help that out the better IMO.

remember when Columbus went nuts adding a bunch of pieces at the deadline. I wanted that team to win it all.
Oh I understand the logistics of the cap. I'm specifically referring to the idea that you get to replace the guy injured with someone equally as good. You're required to have 20 guys on a roster (18 skaters and 2 goalies). Most teams have 23. If your best player goes down with an injury, you've got a replacement already on the roster. Sorry they aren't Connor McDavid but that's how it goes sometimes.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Oh I understand the logistics of the cap. I'm specifically referring to the idea that you get to replace the guy injured with someone equally as good. You're required to have 20 guys on a roster (18 skaters and 2 goalies). Most teams have 23. If your best player goes down with an injury, you've got a replacement already on the roster. Sorry they aren't Connor McDavid but that's how it goes sometimes.

But it's not like you can just magically replace the guy. you have to pay in a trade and likely are not getting someone as good as the guy you lost. Team have to weigh is it worth paying assets to bring in a guy, or use someone internal.

See nothing wrong with this.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The Ducks gave the Kraken 10 pp tonight. T E N ! Lost 4-2
Not Z's best night . 3 penalties resulted in 3 pp goals and 1 broken camera.

Last edited:

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
The Ducks gave the Kraken 10 pp tonight. T E N ! Lost 4-2
Not Z's best night . 3 penalties resulted in 3 pp goals and 1 broken camera.

Its like watching a preschooler lose his shit. I get being frustrated, i get breaking your stick or hitting something with your stick. But repeatedly smashing a camera? Get a grip and control your emotions lol

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Its like watching a preschooler lose his shit. I get being frustrated, i get breaking your stick or hitting something with your stick. But repeatedly smashing a camera? Get a grip and control your emotions lol
Well in his defence he has only scored 4 goals (22 games and 7 points) so far and pointless so far in 2 games since coming back from injury. He only had 11 minutes in his last game, 2 of which were on the pp. At least when he’s not scoring he brings all sorts of intangibles… :sarcasm:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Funny in a some men just like to see the world burn kinda way?

Calgary feels like a trap tonight.
100% a trap, even if they're floundering they're in a position to really f*** some things up

as far as must wins, most of these games going forward are if you want to control your own destiny. can't afford to drop any points, and plenty of these teams have axes to grind

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This is our remaining schedule for the rest of the season. If we can't beat most of these teams we don't deserve to make the playoffs. Only Jets, Canucks and Wild are decent teams. A lot of trap games in there that's for sure.

Flames
Jets 
Krakens
Sharts
Canucks
Ducks
Flames
Ducks
Wild
Blackhawks

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
This is our remaining schedule for the rest of the season. If we can't beat most of these teams we don't deserve to make the playoffs. Only Jets, Canucks and Wild are decent teams. A lot of trap games in there that's for sure.

Flames
Jets 
Krakens
Sharts
Canucks
Ducks
Flames
Ducks
Wild
Blackhawks
I can see a 5-5 split in there honestly.

Reactions: ru4reals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad