Around the league part 12: "Greiss is Green-er on the other Sedoff the Zaitsev"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Forgetting about other teams for the moment, let's assume that if the Canes get to 97 points, they are in the playoffs. Full Season to date, the Canes have played at a 92 point pace. They need to play at a 102 point pace for the remaining 25 games to hit 97 points. On the surface, that seems like a big task, but when you break it down:

October: 89 point pace in 12 games - If 1 L went to a win it would be a 102 point pace
November: 95 point pace in 13 games - If 1 L went to an OTL it would be 101 point pace
December: 57 point pace in 13 games - ugh
January: 116 point pace in 12 games
February: 117 point pace in 7 games

So other than the 13 games in December, the Canes played at a 103 point pace for October, Nov, Jan, and February - 55 points in 44 games. And in each month, they were either above a 102 point pace or within 1 win or OTL of basically achieving that pace.

The team really just needs to avoid another December, right?

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
This is the most important March the Canes have had in 10 years. Two games each against Pittsburgh and Washington, one each against Columbus and Buffalo. I’ll take a playoff spot however we can get it, but it would feel so good if we stole it from Pittsburgh or Washington. The hockey would would collectively lose their shit and start throwing temper tantrums.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
This is the most important March the Canes have had in 10 years. Two games each against Pittsburgh and Washington, one each against Columbus and Buffalo. I’ll take a playoff spot however we can get it, but it would feel so good if we stole it from Pittsburgh or Washington. The hockey would would collectively lose their **** and start throwing temper tantrums.

We must devise the ultimate storm surge celebration if and when we get into the playoffs.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm ready for something to happen. The league has been pretty quiet lately in terms of moves.
The number of days until the deadline goes all the way to eleven.

giphy.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I want to create a rule that in the 14 days leading up to the trade deadline, NHL GMs must complete at least one trade per day involving an NHL player. I also want staggered starts so not all 7 p.m. games go to intermission at the same time.
Anything that makes the GMs not act like trades are the hardest thing in the world and forces them into action. They're so damn afraid. Hockey trades are still possible even in the cap era, if you have the stones to make them.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
ESPN's Bold Predictions for the NHL Trade Deadline

Buffalo Sabres
The deadline passes without a Jeff Skinner contract extension. All indications are that there's happy sunshine between the Sabres and Jack Eichel's wingman, which is good news for Buffalo fans worried about losing him for nothing. But if you're Skinner, why sign before the final offensive numbers on your career year roll in? And if you're Buffalo ... well, it doesn't matter if you're Buffalo because Skinner has a full no-move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad