Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
TeleGames-Atari-Pong.jpg

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You'll excuse it when Skinner gets 7x7 in UFA.
Rationalization #1 from a fan of franchise that continually gets most things wrong. How many more can we come up with. Even if he gets 10x10, it still doesn't rationalize the horrible trade return.

Yeah, a guy scoring a PPG pace with a track record of scoring 30 goals multiple times shouldn't even sniff a contract like that. Newsflash: every UFA gets overpaid to some degree, this is why lockouts continually happen. It's the nature of the business in the NHL. Skinner is still a valuable player regardless.

It's ok to admit you're wrong. I am wrong often. Maybe even more often than the Carolina Hurricanes franchise which is impressive in its own way. But at least I can admit it.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Rationalization #1 from a fan of franchise that continually gets most things wrong. How many more can we come up with. Even if he gets 10x10, it still doesn't rationalize the horrible trade return.

Yeah, a guy scoring a PPG pace with a track record of scoring 30 goals multiple times shouldn't even sniff a contract like that. Newsflash: every UFA gets overpaid to some degree, this is why lockouts continually happen. It's the nature of the business in the NHL. Skinner is still a valuable player regardless.

It's ok to admit you're wrong. I am wrong often. Maybe even more often than the Carolina Hurricanes franchise which is impressive in its own way. But at least I can admit it.

The return wasn't even that bad. Turn that Buffalo 2nd into San Jose's 1st and nobody complains, even though it'll probably be a net difference of ~10 picks.

Yeah, he can score 30 ... or 18. He's an inconsistent, one-dimensional player. Giving that guy any type of long-term deal is just asking for it.

Call me a moron all you want, but I don't miss that guy in the slightest. If anything, we waited far too long to be rid of him.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The return wasn't even that bad. Turn that Buffalo 2nd into San Jose's 1st and nobody complains, even though it'll probably be a net difference of ~10 picks.

Yeah, he can score 30 ... or 18. He's an inconsistent, one-dimensional player. Giving that guy any type of long-term deal is just asking for it.

Call me a moron all you want, but I don't miss that guy in the slightest. If anything, we waited far too long to be rid of him.

Holy Stockholm Syndrome batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad