Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I looked up Kahk's numbers and he isn't doing bad. 2.75 GAA and a .923 SV%. Record is bad though 1-3. So who knows what's going on, but I always figured he'd be a good 1B, backup goalie like Khudobin.
That's in 4gp with NJD. Very small sample size

He was .895, 3.81 in 31 gp with SJS. Much bigger sample size.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Addison is going haywire tonight.

19:39 Calen Addison Cross-checking against Nathan Walker
19:39 Calen Addison Unsportsmanlike conduct
19:39 Calen Addison Misconduct
19:39 Calen Addison Abuse of officials

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Duahime

MN 62 gp 8 pts.

CO. 14 gp. 5 pts.

Difference is that he is getting to play up the lineup with better players like Mittelstadt. Those who can't see the difference between him and Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw are blind, IMO.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Duahime

MN 62 gp 8 pts.

CO. 14 gp. 5 pts.

Difference is that he is getting to play up the lineup with better players like Mittelstadt. Those who can't see the difference between him and Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw are blind, IMO.
Are you suggesting we should've played him with top 6 players when he was here?

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Duahime

MN 62 gp 8 pts.

CO. 14 gp. 5 pts.

His 2p (last) game makes those numbers look really good, before that he was 3p in 13 games. Duhaime is a legit 4th line player due to his size (and speed) not his puck skills. If he was 5'10" he'd be a forgotten AHL player. I'm like with him as a player because he uses his size well and can chip in a few points here and there. But I won't lose any sleep because he's not here anymore.

If he would have re-signed during the season or signed a multiyear contract he'd still be in MN. He's not the first guy GMBG has traded due to not having re-signed before the TDL. Getting a 3rd round pick for him is a much better deal the the Sturm/Jost trade a couple years ago.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
His 2p (last) game makes those numbers look really good, before that he was 3p in 13 games. Duhaime is a legit 4th line player due to his size (and speed) not his puck skills. If he was 5'10" he'd be a forgotten AHL player. I'm like with him as a player because he uses his size well and can chip in a few points here and there. But I won't lose any sleep because he's not here anymore.

If he would have re-signed during the season or signed a multiyear contract he'd still be in MN. He's not the first guy GMBG has traded due to not having re-signed before the TDL. Getting a 3rd round pick for him is a much better deal the the Sturm/Jost trade a couple years ago.
Mostly agree with this though I do think that Duhaime’s puck skills are above average for his player type. There is still some untapped potential production there IMO, but the time and cost to see if he can reach that potential was too much with our current situation.

I do think there a bit of Ryan Hartman in him, if he ever gets his shot figured out, he could make a bit of a splash. The likelihood that it would have happened in MN on our bottom 6 would be slim though for the near future.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Good for Duhaime if he does well with better linemates, but I wouldn't say he earned that opportunity in his time with the Wild.

Even his linemate in Dewar was more productive.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Please tell me how Duhaime is a less useful player than Foligno?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am not saying that Duhaime is a great, or top 6 player. I am saying that he is better than anyone on our present 4th line(I would also argue Gaudreau, and maybe even Marjo, as they are playing this year), and has a useful skillset that we do not have in our system at present. Milne is probably the closest thing, but is nowhere near as big, tough, or physical.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I am not saying that Duhaime is a great, or top 6 player. I am saying that he is better than anyone on our present 4th line(I would also argue Gaudreau, and maybe even Marjo, as they are playing this year), and has a useful skillset that we do not have in our system at present. Milne is probably the closest thing, but is nowhere near as big, tough, or physical.

No need to argue.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I wonder how much Duhaime would've scored centering Kap and Boldy.
Some, but if you are referring to my Hartman comparison, the main difference is his shot being able to actually threaten goalies. Duhaime is not there or close currently, though neither was Hartman until 3 seasons ago.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Some, but if you are referring to my Hartman comparison, the main difference is his shot being able to actually threaten goalies. Duhaime is not there or close currently, though neither was Hartman until 3 seasons ago.

Hartman did have 19g as a rookie with an 11.2% sh% (so not a crazy high number). He's had a decent shot throughout his career, his dumbass moments (all 5 teams) are/were just far to many to trust him higher in the lineup.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hartman was a first round pick and scored 19 goals his rookie season. There is no Hartman comparison unless you didn't know who Hartman was until he got to Minnesota. Even then, he was a better player than Duhaime has ever been.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No, not you specifically. Just the general idea that pretty much any player is probably going to run into more points if they play with better players.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

There's absolutely nothing new about anything Seravalli reports on this topic, you're just helping him pay for more houses and cars.

Relocation to SLC is a contingency plan if they don't win the land auction scheduled in June. In order to have a contingency plan, you need to plan it. Details of that plan come out (SLC schedule, reports of NHL buying then re-selling franchise) and people think it's all new information that's going to happen.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What a huge waste of time, money and energy the ARI franchise has been. This Meruelo guy is scum.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I hope the Utah market fails miserably

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad