Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Previous thread -> Tidbits: - Around the League: NHL News - Part 3
I need some help understanding how we have another preseason game tomorrow yet the sharks and preds played for real already??

It is a back-to-back, "home and away," 2 game series in Prague. It's like the London NFL games, but the NHL schedule is so packed that it wouldn't work in the "normal" regular season with all that travel.

This is supposed to be a regular thing for the NHL to start the season. COVID put a damper on it the last couple of years though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It is a back-to-back, "home and away," 2 game series in Prague. It's like the London NFL games, but the NHL schedule is so packed that it wouldn't work in the "normal" regular season with all that travel.

This is supposed to be a regular thing for the NHL to start the season. COVID put a damper on it the last couple of years though.
Little goofy we couldn’t end preseason first but aight. Thanks for the info

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I think it's a great idea. With all the Euros in the league, there has to be interest in watching them play in the best league in the world right in their own city.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Players have union protection, coaches don't.

I was responding to TSK, who said "they will quietly bury the story", "just like the Pens situation". First, I'm not sure who "they" are (NHL? TB Lightning? police? media?) and if there is some "there there" to this accusation, then I'm sure it will get the requisite coverage it deserves.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was responding to TSK, who said "they will quietly bury the story", "just like the Pens situation". First, I'm not sure who "they" are (NHL? TB Lightning? police? media?) and if there is some "there there" to this accusation, then I'm sure it will get the requisite coverage it deserves.

All the other NHL news will bury it. There just isn't a whole lot of substance to report on currently.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
All the other NHL news will bury it. There just isn't a whole lot of substance to report on currently.

I agree. But it won't be "quietly buried" to make it "go away". If there are any loose strings, someone in the media will be pulling on them....just like the Hockey Canada situation.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I agree. But it won't be "quietly buried" to make it "go away". If there are any loose strings, someone in the media will be pulling on them....just like the Hockey Canada situation.

Oh I'm sure there are media outlets calling up anyone who ever was affiliated with the USDT during those years.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Pens situation was investigated and the coach in-question was immediately fired.
No it wasn't.

Unless I missed where the NHL investigated the Pens and the witnesses and figured out if the Pens knew of the issues with Donatelli and kept him despite the allegations.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I know for a fact that he isn’t the only former Wild player that was sleeping with minors. I won’t run the guys name through the mud any more than it already has been but we had another scumbag on our team for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad