Around The League LXXXII - It's The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
So, I'm finding that I no longer hate you all. That may change once playoffs start, but I'll say this now before it happens. Good luck. This is going to be a very entertaining series.

Once some player throws a borderline hit, I'm sure everyone will hate each other again. :laugh:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Probably. It's been a fun season though. There has been little to no hatred between the fanbases here on hf.

It's hard to hate an offensively skilled team like yours. It will be exciting hockey. You know Burrows will do something to infuriate the flames fans. Probably just his presence. :laugh:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I will give kudos to the flames
Losing Gio, trading Glenross
And Still making the playoffs
Really hoping for a rivalry revival here

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
The Flames are too fast for the Canucks. As nice as it was to help knock them out, LA would have been a better matchup.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The kicker would be Boston out of the post season.

Maybe this time Milan Lucic can venture Granville Street without being heckled :sarcasm:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Edmonton fans so salty. Keep tanking boys.

Can they even bear to watch the Canucks and Flames go up against each other? After all, we were supposed to wither and the Flames were supposed to be amid a painful rebuild... whereas the Oilers should've been competing for a Cup at this point. :laugh:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So the oil can only piss off the flames by losing. Wonder what they are cheering for ....

And I really hope Ott beats phi ... so want to see boston out.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
You can only pity the Oilers. They were out of the playoff race a week into the season. Now they watch the team they hoped was on the downfall (Vancouver) walk all over them all year on their way to the 2nd seed in the division, and the Province rival that was supposed to be years behind them in their rebuild plans leap frog them by leaps and bounds within a season (Calgary). They're most bitter rival made a mockery of their nearly decade long rebuild. That has to really sting.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Speed is a factor, but what about the fact that LA is a much, much better team than Calgary in every possible way except maybe speed?

Looking at matchups, you've got to think that Sbisa and Bieksa are going to have problems with Calgary's speed.

But without Giordano, I just don't see an answer on the Flames for the Sedin twins.

Lundface*

Haha, it's likely because both fanbases didn't expect to do nearly as well as they have this season. Everything else is just a cherry on the sundae.

Van was always in the 6-10 range.

Unless you bought into the chicken little assessment by the media. The Sedins are declining :scared:

Helped that the Pacific was very weak this year ( and looks to be moving forward as well). Two bottom feeders, SJ looks like its imploding, LA with the cap will be in trouble, two middling teams in Van and Cgy and Anaheim at the top.

Depending on the Flames/Jets game, this could be #6 and #8 taking on each other. That's why both these teams fans should be happy. They lucked out each getting a mediocre team to play.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Van was always in the 6-10 range.

Unless you bought into the chicken little assessment by the media. The Sedins are declining :scared:

Helped that the Pacific was very weak this year ( and looks to be moving forward as well). Two bottom feeders, SJ looks like its imploding, LA with the cap will be in trouble, two middling teams in Van and Cgy and Anaheim at the top.

Depending on the Flames/Jets game, this could be #6 and #8 taking on each other. That's why both these teams fans should be happy. They lucked out each getting a mediocre team to play.

Yeah, it would be pretty sweet not having to be a 4th seed and getting home ice advantage. Let's beat those oilers! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad