Around the League LXXVII - The Wheel of Justice Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Even shorty's "canucks report" was conspiracy bent. Cliffs:
-before he came here, shorty presumes benning probably felt about vancouver the way everyone else did, that we're conspiracy theorists
-now that benning's on the canucks and witnessed first hand the likes of burrows get suspended for 3 games, while similar or worse infractions against us (mathias getting headshotted, dorsett yesterday) go unpunished, he surmises benning probably feels a little differently now

Honestly, burrows should've just kept his peace in 2010.

Last edited:

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Bush league.

Interest in the NHL has literally declined tenfold since 2011.

This league is a complete and utter joke.
I watch the playoffs and some highlights for entertainment.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Not even surprised at this point at the NHL. I stopped watching for a year after the 2011 finals and slowly made my way back. Clearly nothing's changed though. I'm sick of our players receiving maximum (or fabricated) punishment on every single play. Meanwhile our players get concussions and broken backs with not a peep from the NHL. Like it never happened. Not even to mention the calibre of in-game officiating during divisional games and playoff games.

Why should I spend so much of my time and emotions on something that has no hope of improving? I already don't spend money on merchandise or tickets anymore. What else can I do? I'm at my wit's end.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
NHL interest is not player safety.......it all $$$$ and US market. How can we continue watch this when Canucks end up with the suspension instead of the other team?

Jun 15, 2014
Not even surprised at this point at the NHL. I stopped watching for a year after the 2011 finals and slowly made my way back. Clearly nothing's changed though. I'm sick of our players receiving maximum (or fabricated) punishment on every single play. Meanwhile our players get concussions and broken backs with not a peep from the NHL. Like it never happened. Not even to mention the calibre of in-game officiating during divisional games and playoff games.

Why should I spend so much of my time and emotions on something that has no hope of improving? I already don't spend money on merchandise or tickets anymore. What else can I do? I'm at my wit's end.

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating to say the least. Although every fan seems to say the same about their own team it really baffles me how we get screwed consistently.. I guess since none of us have any real say in what happens on the ice and within the organization you just gotta enjoy the game itself for what it is and not allow it to play a big role in your life.

Like with any money making business at a grand scale, it's subject to corruption. Given with how many horrendous acts of humanity have been committed for financial gain, it's hard to believe the NHL and any major sports organization plays fairly. Simply put they can get away with it, it being whatever conspiracy you subscribe to.

It's the world we live in and so it's best to worry about yourself, and what you can do for your entertainment, happiness, etc. Enjoy the game, accept the reality of greed and power.

Rant over. Man these LA games start so late!

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
The NHL HAS the Vancouver market in their pocket.
Why do anything that would support this team/franchise?

They have us.

The league would rather keep a star player from Anaheim in the game when the other party is a market that is effectively financially saturated.

There is no incentive for the NHL to throw us a bone.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This Hawks-Kings game is already amazing. Hell, the Pens and Caps game was pretty good. Fast paced end-to-end action with lots of physicality and skill.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
This Hawks-Kings game is already amazing. Hell, the Pens and Caps game was pretty good. Fast paced end-to-end action with lots of physicality and skill.

Yea when you watch other teams in top games you really see how our forward group can't compare, the speed isn't there.

Chicago v La looks like it's on fast forward compared to our style

May 31, 2006
Just noticed Lapierre was traded for Goc. I would've loved to nab back Lapierre honestly. Obviously, we likely didn't have the piece STL wanted.

It probably would have been a guy like Richardson, but he was Lapierre's original replacement so it would have been weird to make a trade like that.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Both teams are pretty damn good.

No way LA misses the playoffs, especially if they can pick up another Dman at the deadline.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Kings win. Don't care. That was a freaking exciting game. Could these two meet in the WCF again?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Both teams are pretty damn good.

No way LA misses the playoffs, especially if they can pick up another Dman at the deadline.

Its really up to la, if they want to make the playoffs they can, to me it seems to be a motivation issue with them.

The games they played vs the ducks and hawks were incredible, the effort they put in vs the flames was abysmal, they honestly looked pathetic trying to make simple plays. They just dont seem motivated against many teams unless your at the top.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It's amazing how the Kings can sure turn the switch to [on] off in the blink of an eye. Such a resilient team with tons of heart.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Its really up to la, if they want to make the playoffs they can, to me it seems to be a motivation issue with them.

The games they played vs the ducks and hawks were incredible, the effort they put in vs the flames was abysmal, they honestly looked pathetic trying to make simple plays. They just dont seem motivated against many teams unless your at the top.

Have to imagine if they played like this as much as they wanted too, they'd be putting up tons of wins, but also likely burning themselves out for a playoff run. This is a smart team, they know when they have to turn it up a notch, and they will do it.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Have to imagine if they played like this as much as they wanted too, they'd be putting up tons of wins, but also likely burning themselves out for a playoff run. This is a smart team, they know when they have to turn it up a notch, and they will do it.

I guess we will find out but i believe last year at this time they were playing at a more consistent level than they currently are and they still had enough to win 3 game 7's.

This is only the kings 2nd win in the last 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad