Around the League LXXVII - The Wheel of Justice Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Wow I can't believe Kesler doesn't get so much as a fine or warning for a clear elbow to the head that probably concussed one of our players. Seems legit.

Jun 15, 2014
Wow I can't believe Kesler doesn't get so much as a fine or warning for a clear elbow to the head that probably concussed one of our players. Seems legit.

He's not a Canuck anymore, obvious line of thinking from the department of player safety.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
So when do we just stop accepting the idea that we should turn the other check because the NHL will take care of it...

**** it... we might as well live by the sword if we keep dieing by it...

Take some power back...

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Did anyone think Kesler would get suspended? I didn't. He is playing in a market the NHL wants to do well. Somebody will have to die before the NHL suspends a player for a bad hit against the Canucks.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
It was a clear shoulder to the head of Dorsett. Anyone remember Burrows suspension earlier this year? The NHL is corrupt and that is a fact.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Did anyone think Kesler would get suspended? I didn't. He is playing in a market the NHL wants to do well. Somebody will have to die before the NHL suspends a player for a bad hit against the Canucks.

I didn't think he would... actually I was quite certain...

Henrik did... but that was also posturing a little IMO... hopefully Benning and Linden get the message that the NHL has been sending the last 5 or so years...

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I didn't think he would... actually I was quite certain...

Henrik did... but that was also posturing a little IMO... hopefully Benning and Linden get the message that the NHL has been sending the last 5 or so years...

Where is "Judge Boulerice" when you need him?:sarcasm:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Someone needs to make a compilation of all the cheap shots delivered to canuck players(and in most cases injuring them) that didn't get suspended and send it to the league.

Im not one that believes in conspiracy theories usually but this is ********. I think we need to bring in a few tough guys (that can play a regular shift) to take out the trash.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
No surprise about Kesler not getting suspended.

When McGratten can end a career of a player in a Canucks uniform, you gotta expect nothing from the NHL.

What a joke...

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
go chicago...ugh, what's gross is that doesn't even feel that gross to say anymore

anyways, beat the kings! c'mon!

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
So when do we just stop accepting the idea that we should turn the other check because the NHL will take care of it...

**** it... we might as well live by the sword if we keep dieing by it...

Take some power back...

Apparently only Dorsett sticks up for his teammates on this sad sack team. The one good thing is he was the one dummied so he doesn't have to depend on any of his so-called teammates to settle the score. Pathetic! March 9 will be an interesting game.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
No surprise about Kesler not getting suspended.

When McGratten can end a career of a player in a Canucks uniform, you gotta expect nothing from the NHL.

What a joke...

The NHL is a bush league compared to other major sports leagues. If this was any other sport I wouldn't watch.

What sport changes its officiating in the playoffs? Or rolls the dice on suspensions?

I just imagine Bettman sitting on his throne with a Dark Vader outfit on, rubbing his fingers together over the Cup final between LA and NY. His lackeys will be across the room counting his money.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
The NHL is a bush league compared to other major sports leagues. If this was any other sport I wouldn't watch.

What sport changes its officiating in the playoffs? Or rolls the dice on suspensions?

I'm guessing you don't follow the NBA.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
im a big fan of dorsett. He's not intimidating though. he's more like a middle weight. I was actually embarrassed that nobody took offense to Kesler's cheap shot given that Dorsett sticks up for teammates all the time. You would think someone would have his back.

Kassian and Hansen took acception to it IMO... that is what the brain explosions were...

And what you say about Dorsett is so true...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Someone needs to make a compilation of all the cheap shots delivered to canuck players(and in most cases injuring them) that didn't get suspended and send it to the league.

Im not one that believes in conspiracy theories usually but this is ********. I think we need to bring in a few tough guys (that can play a regular shift) to take out the trash.

What are they going to do? Just jump Kesler? They'll be suspended as son as they get to the penalty box.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I've been sick of this BS from the league for so many years now that I just expect it like a some kind of battered wife.It's been brutal since that first CHI-VAN playoff series 6 years ago.Basically there's no hope of it ever changing unless the team moves to Seattle or another US market then maybe we might catch a break.

Seriously,it's absolutely pointless to even hope we'll ever win anything as the refs will have us shorthanded 5x as much as the opposition and opposing players know they have free reign to take whatever liberties they want on our player with no reprisal.
We were almost good enough to beat their system in 2011 but the injuries finally did us in.End of rant.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Just noticed Lapierre was traded for Goc. I would've loved to nab back Lapierre honestly. Obviously, we likely didn't have the piece STL wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier