Around the League - LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
Worst case scenario is that we bite the bullet in year 3 and buyout Miller.

You burn 2 million in cap space for two years in order to buyout Miller. We'll have some younger players on ELCs in the future so this could work out fine.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I love Lack and was hoping to see him in a 1A/B role this year, but Miller is a goalie who will likely get 60+ starts. I was also quite upset with Miller getting 3 years because Lack is a UFA in 2 years, and he could look at testing free agency if he doesn't want to be stuck behind Miller for a 3rd year.
If we could trade Lack+ for someone who can play every game instead of once every three/four games then I'd probably go for it. LET THE "KANE TO VANCOUVER" DREAM LIVE ON! :sarcasm:

(And before people say we can just trade Miller, he would only accept a trade to 5 teams and he only wants to play on the West coast, so that's very limiting)

Yeah. I would hate to lose Lack, but better to trade him early than late (see: Schneider, Cory.)

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
FortunateLonelyAmericangoldfinch.gif

Resulted in nothing, imagine Edler doing the same. The Hertl thing was nothing in comparison.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
It's limited.

He can list 5 teams. And he only wants to play on the West coast. What if none of the Western coast teams want/need a goalie?

People gave Gillis a really hard time about NTCs, but Benning is doing the exact same thing...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Pavelec and Budaj? I have no idea what is going on in Winnipeg, it almost like they are trying for a top 10 draft pick this year. Tanking out Pavelec's contract, collect top 10 picks, wait for one of their goalie prospect's?

I have no idea.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
He can list 5 teams. And he only wants to play on the West coast. What if none of the Western coast teams want/need a goalie?

People gave Gillis a really hard time about NTCs, but Benning is doing the exact same thing...

If the Wild are in a good spot at the deadline wonder if they would be interested, not sure if they'd want to make a run with 37 year old Backstrom, injured Harding and Kuemper

Other than that can't think of another team

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If the Wild are in a good spot at the deadline wonder if they would be interested, not sure if they'd want to make a run with 37 year old Backstrom, injured Harding and Kuemper

Other than that can't think of another team

Minnesota isn't on the West coast. It's central USA.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
FortunateLonelyAmericangoldfinch.gif

Resulted in nothing, imagine Edler doing the same. The Hertl thing was nothing in comparison.

How ironic considering they are 2 totally different plays and scenarios eh?

and yes that should probably be at least a minor but the guy putting on the brakes has to realize where is on the ice and guy right behind him right?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
How ironic considering they are 2 totally different plays and scenarios eh?

and yes that should probably be at least a minor but the guy putting on the brakes has to realize where is on the ice and guy right behind him right?

The responsibility is on the hitter

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Shoving a guy from behind like that is one of the most gutless plays you can make. Seems like Calgary's go to play though after Byron on Daniel last year.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

"He can list 5 teams" This is a fact

"And he only wants to play on the West coast. What if none of the Western coast teams want/need a goalie?" This is Speculation based on assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad