Around the League - ...in 56 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Matt Martin fought Chara tonight. This is the second time Martin fought Chara

I'll take a Martin over Simmonds anyday. A true throwback type of player
He can still skate and actually throws his weight around

He was overpaid but was a very effective player. Him at 1.5 is better than Joe and Simmonds
Matt kept looking for the mat - he was bailing all the way through. He went down twice without even being touched.

Embarrassing for him.....so a no go.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Matt Martin fought Chara tonight. This is the second time Martin fought Chara

I'll take a Martin over Simmonds anyday. A true throwback type of player
He can still skate and actually throws his weight around

He was overpaid but was a very effective player. Him at 1.5 is better than Joe and Simmonds

not many people were willing to drop the gloves with chara while he was a bruin, he has to be near the top of the list of guys that were all stars and legit heavy weight fighters

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Matt kept looking for the mat - he was bailing all the way through. He went down twice without even being touched.

Embarrassing for him.....so a no go.

You think if Martin was around Tavares gets run over by Kassian ?

Martin even with broken wrists gone after Kassian or Oilers.

I don't remember Leafs being run over when Martin was around

Simmonds is only good when he's fighting but no one is going to fight him

This team is full of pansies. Kerfoots and Mikaheyevs. Yeah we will win games now but comes playoff time we are gonna get run over again

Simmonds to slow to do anything effective and if he's not dropping gloves he's not doing anything

Martin and Clutterbuck are top 10 in hits. That's the team went pretty deep last year in playoffs

Muzzin is the only leafs in top 50. Jesse Pullarvi has more hits than any current Leafs.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

This team is full of pansies. Kerfoots and Mikaheyevs. Yeah we will win games now but comes playoff time we are gonna get run over again

Simmonds to slow to do anything effective and if he's not dropping gloves he's not doing anything

Martin and Clutterbuck are top 10 in hits. That's the team went pretty deep last year in playoffs

Muzzin is the only leafs in top 50. Jesse Pullarvi has more hits than any current Leafs.

You realize hits are the go-to stat for guys that never have the puck right?

As for the Kassian hit, as much as it irritated me at the time, not going after him and taking a stupid penalty in the last two minutes of a tie game in the 3rd was probably the smart play.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Simmonds to slow to do anything effective and if he's not dropping gloves he's not doing Yes,

Yes, Tavares gets run over. Why not? Simmonds is much tougher than Martin. Martin crapped his pants and looked like a fool.

Obviously if Simmonds goes with Kassian with his injury, he's probably out for the year.

This is a mess. Please just skip my posts if incoherent and nonsensical babbling is the best response one can do.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Yes, Tavares gets run over. Why not? Simmonds is much tougher than Martin. Martin crapped his pants and looked like a fool.

Obviously if Simmonds goes with Kassian with his injury, he's probably out for the year.

This is a mess. Please just skip my posts if incoherent and nonsensical babbling is the best response one can do.

do you mean simmonds is the better fighter, there is not too many people willing to fight with Chara

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Of course. There's no reason it wouldn't. Tavares got right back up, and taking a penalty there would have been beyond stupid. You're wildly overreacting to a pretty meaningless hit.
That's called selective memory. It happened all the time. Probably more actually.
Simmonds has literally fought, and he's a better player than Martin.
This team is full of pansies.
No, this team is full of good hockey players, that control the puck and the flow of play, and bring way more than useless hits.
Yeah we will win games now but comes playoff time we are gonna get run over again
We have never lost in the playoffs due to getting "run over".
Sounds like you're describing Martin.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

if Martin was on the team, Kassian 100% knows he would be fighting Martin next shift ... I don think Simmonds was signed to be an enforcer though

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
upload_2021-4-2_12-16-18.png

Hopefully they all recover fully.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
This revisionist history with Martin is f***ing bizarre when Mike Babcock of all people had him as a healthy scratch for all but 3 games against Buffalo after January 17th, 2018 because he was absolutely ineffective in his role.

Never mind the fact the ONLY GM to trade for his shitty contract was the guy who signed it originally.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
if Martin was on the team, Kassian 100% knows he would be fighting Martin next shift ... I don think Simmonds was signed to be an enforcer though
Like the time Connor Brown had his head taken off by Rinaldo right in front of Martin and he didn't do anything?

Our guys still got smoked all the time when he was here.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
These cancelations due to covid will pack the schedule even further for most of the North division. All teams seem to have been affected so far (schedule wise), except Toronto.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
These cancelations due to covid will pack the schedule even further for most of the North division. All teams seem to have been affected so far (schedule wise), except Toronto.

Yup.

But. The last game(s) the Canucks play were against the Jets. And we are playing the Jets now :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad