GDT: Around the League - Episode IX - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
wow Chris Rooney? a penalty shot?

Wings came out flat in 3rd but they are getting short end of the stick in this series from the refs. Hawks have quite the obstructional system when up, but are legit when attacking.

Who would Edzo, doc, and Pierre root for in a Pitt-Hawks series? imagine, calling a series unbiasly . . .I wonder if nbc can?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Looked like Chicago's 3rd goal came on an uncalled delayed offsides. And their 4th goal was on a questionable penalty shot.

Not offside: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26497

83.2 Deflections / Rebounds – When a defending player propels the puck out of his defending zone and the puck clearly rebounds off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck. However, any action by an attacking player that causes a deflection/rebound off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone (i.e. stick check, body check, physical contact), a delayed off-side shall be signaled by the Linesman.

And I don't have an issue with the penalty shot call. Slashed the stick in the hands area which is considered a slash in the NHL.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm just glad the Hawks came back.

Don't like Detroit (my nightmare SCF would be Wings against the Pens-not sure I could stand to watch and would wish no cup would be awarded).

I like Chicago-well mostly I like Toews and love to watch Kane play.

Also a Chicago win means more rest for Chara before the Pens.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I really don't think some of the guys on NBC are biased, namely Pierre. I just think he REALLY loves hockey and goes creamsicle over any good play. So naturally he slobbers on teams with great individual players like the hawks and pens but I know he likes the b's too so he appreciates all types

Then there are guys like Eddie Olczyc. The American Glenn Healy

acr*

I really don't think some of the guys on NBC are biased, namely Pierre. I just think he REALLY loves hockey and goes creamsicle over any good play. So naturally he slobbers on teams with great individual players like the hawks and pens but I know he likes the b's too so he appreciates all types

Then there are guys like Eddie Olczyc. The American Glenn Healy
Agreed completely. I love Pierre, he's a guy who loves the sport and loves his job, and gets very excited watching good hockey players play good hockey.

Olczyk is just an arrogant man who is bitter about failing miserably as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad