Around the League--Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
If you consistently put yourself in a vulnerable position, stuff like this will continually happen. It's really not that hard to stay out of trouble.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Think about it this way.. Remember when Doughty was briefly investigated for accused rape? Afterwards, Mike Richards said Doughty needed to be more aware of his position and take care with the hard partying or promiscuity because all it takes is that one girl to get you by the balls.

For all the grief we give Mike around here now, he was definitely right on about that and Drew has obviously gotten more careful.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
If Kane was on the Kings I would be even more vocal about this. Being an athlete, especially at the level of Kane or Doughty, you have a target on your back. It's your responsibility to keep it as small as possible.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Seems to me her lawyer is trying to discredit the (alleged) DNA evidence results, which if accurate would be harmful to a civil claim he probably plans on filing on her behalf at some point.

The notion that someone associated with Kane would leave this at the house of the accuser's mom is completely ridiculous.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This whole thing:
nl1Gg5x.gif

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Seems to me her lawyer is trying to discredit the (alleged) DNA evidence results, which if accurate would be harmful to a civil claim he probably plans on filing on her behalf at some point.

The notion that someone associated with Kane would leave this at the house of the accuser's mom is completely ridiculous.

As soon as an unnamed source said something I'm sure they felt they needed to react. Having what was announced today just game them the perfect opportunity. Kane and the team having a press conference. As sad as it is they likely felt they needed to get something out there to help with public opinion.
The DA has handled things just like they should. They are keeping quiet and only releasing info about court dates ect.

Where I think it's very unlikely Kane had anything directly to do with what happened at the accuser's home. Someone who calls themselves a fan of his did. Having some misguided notion that it will help him.

What happened hurts everyone involved. If evidence was tampered with, at what point did it happen? Has it happened more than once in this case? It draws into question the police the gathered the evidence, those that store the evidence, the lab that tested it. And makes it to where potentially everything about this case is now even more questionable. That in turns hurts the accuser and Kane as well. Because facts in a rape case are already hard to come by. And now no matter the outcome there will be even more questions about it.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
They're gonna be a good team. I could easily see them kicking the Kings ass (we know how much the Kings and their top players love mailing in games). They're my dark horse playoff team. Tons of talent, a great coach, and finally a solid GM. I hope they take Calgary's playoff spot.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They're gonna be a good team. I could easily see them kicking the Kings ass (we know how much the Kings and their top players love mailing in games). They're my dark horse playoff team. Tons of talent, a great coach, and finally a solid GM. I hope they take Calgary's playoff spot.

There was that game last season when they didn't phone it in and did what any championship team does...pound the crap out of them. I think it was 6-0 and the Oilers were lucky it wasn't 10-0.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
There was that game last season when they didn't phone it in and did what any championship team does...pound the crap out of them. I think it was 6-0 and the Oilers were lucky it wasn't 10-0.

8-2. And then they mailed in the next game against them and lost. They also quit against the Flames the next game and were eliminated. Pathetic display in both games.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had already checked out by that point, but that was the final nail.

Pretty much.

I was still infuriated when they missed the high stick against Matt Greene only for the puck to come off the glass into the slot and net a minute later. Story of our luck vs. Calgary's last year :laugh:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Buffalo might be able to score some goals this year, but that defense, ugh.

I think everyone of our starters but Greene would have a shot at top pairing there.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'll take Bandit's attitude toward Buffalo. Hate the team, Murray is an idiot, and ROR is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I'm pulling for the Oilers this year. They got swept by the entire Pacific Division except for the Kings/Sharks. One of those games against the Sharks Scrivens put up like a 59 save shutout. :laugh: The Oilers not being completely terrible and taking a few points away from other teams in the division could really help.

Besides, when Chiarelli decides he needs a physical veteran presence and trade the farm for Brown, I'll have to cheer for the Oilers a little. :naughty:

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
maybe i'm just a really bitter person this year, but i pretty much hate every single team in our division, every team in canada not in our division, and every team in the NY area. and the midwest. the agenda driven marketing for the O6 can **** itself with a rusty rake too.

basically what i'm saying is i hope every single team fails spectacularly except us, or like the Panthers

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Good article by a Habs fan on the Kane investigation which has been dismissed by the Hawks and the NHL since day one.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

As fans, what we do is cheer for strangers, and get emotionally attached to a corporate logo. The strangers come and go, we forget about them when they're done, and turn on them when they leave. Our emotional attachment to those logo's can make us say, think, and do irrational things.

It's a weird place to be as a fan. We feel like we're part of something, but we're really not.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
maybe i'm just a really bitter person this year, but i pretty much hate every single team in our division, every team in canada not in our division, and every team in the NY area. and the midwest. the agenda driven marketing for the O6 can **** itself with a rusty rake too.

basically what i'm saying is i hope every single team fails spectacularly except us, or like the Panthers

:laugh: Amen.

Agreed on Buffalo, I despise ROR and think he's insanely overrated. I want to like the Oilers--I love their players and new staff, but I loathe the idea of that management team being rewarded and/or looking good after years of ****ing **** up. I love the Calgary players too, I just hate their weird voodoo when they take the ice. No one else really bothers me because we either don't see them enough or we've beaten them into submission during the cup runs :nod:

Remember when the Rangers had the best defense, McDonagh > Doughty, and Lundqvist was unstoppable?

Remember when the Blues were going to sweep us, and Backes > Kopitar?

Remember when the Sharks were unbeatable?

Quick is a below average goaltender, Doughty is overrated, and Kopitar would be a 2C on 10 other teams in the league.

Oddly, the opponent that has shown us the most respect along that way? Ducks. Close 2nd to Chicago.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008

Same. **** everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad