Around the League--Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Stacy St. Clair Verified account 
@StacyStClair Patrick Kane atty says that only someone "unhappy with the results" of DNA testing would tamper with evidence.

Last edited:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Stacy St. Clair Verified account 
@StacyStClair Patrick Kane atty says that only someone "unhappy with the results" of DNA testing would tamper with evidence.

Wow what a ****ing nightmare of a case that's going to be.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, with Kane's chauffeur that night being an off-duty cop, now questions of investigation integrity, everyone surrounding the incident lawyered up, and the bag showing up at the mother's door...just what. the. ****.

I don't personally think any of the extenuating circumstances are Kane's doing but what a circus this has become.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kane gets to play but voynov is forced to leave the country I am beyond pissed off

spin it around the other way.
If Seabrock was suspended last year for DV and then this offseason Carter was being investigated for Rape, but there was no clear evidence of rape and Carter was pleading innocence...would you feel that Carter should be suspended?

I think that with these situations the league needs to look at them case by case. Friedman said that the NHL and the teams have more information than the public. Something I agree with. Maybe that information is what made them sway to thinking voynov would be found guilty and why they suspended him. Given the fact the NHLPA did not protest I am thinking those in the know knew Voynov was guilty.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Regardless of what happens, I think Kane, his family, and the Blackhawks need to examine his drinking habits.

when I was 26 I likely needed to examine my drinking habits and I was far from being a millionaire.
Booze and partying is not the same thing as rape. Just cause some one drinks doesn't mean they are a bad person.
Some bad people drink
some bad people don't drink.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
spin it around the other way.
If Seabrock was suspended last year for DV and then this offseason Carter was being investigated for Rape, but there was no clear evidence of rape and Carter was pleading innocence...would you feel that Carter should be suspended?

I think that with these situations the league needs to look at them case by case. Friedman said that the NHL and the teams have more information than the public. Something I agree with. Maybe that information is what made them sway to thinking voynov would be found guilty and why they suspended him. Given the fact the NHLPA did not protest I am thinking those in the know knew Voynov was guilty.

Carter got married to her...
jeff-carters-girlfriend-megan-keffer-instagram.jpg

that scenario seems unlikely :D

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
You weren't a large public figure though. Wanna get lit in your house? I could care a less, do what you want.

Assault and robbery against a taxi cab driver, numerous times being absolutely plastered in public, and now the center of a rape investigation. He's the face of franchise and league - regardless of how this investigation plays out, he needs to get his act together. Every off season it's something with him. And before all the usual members show up and say I'm acting holier than thou, I'm not. There's a certain amount of responsibility someone in Kane's position and influence must have and he's lacking it.

You can bet your ass though that if I (or anyone else on here) was in Kane's place, we'd keep our nose out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad