Around the League--Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
maybe i'm just a really bitter person this year, but i pretty much hate every single team in our division, every team in canada not in our division, and every team in the NY area. and the midwest. the agenda driven marketing for the O6 can **** itself with a rusty rake too.

basically what i'm saying is i hope every single team fails spectacularly except us, or like the Panthers

I can't stand the Panthers.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
8-2. And then they mailed in the next game against them and lost. They also quit against the Flames the next game and were eliminated. Pathetic display in both games.

The Edmonton game was the one that really sucked.

You're wrong about the Calgary game, though. They actually tried, at least until Hudler ****ed them with the one thing they failed to do against the NY area...

maybe i'm just a really bitter person this year, but i pretty much hate every single team in our division, every team in canada not in our division, and every team in the NY area. and the midwest. the agenda driven marketing for the O6 can **** itself with a rusty rake too.

basically what i'm saying is i hope every single team fails spectacularly except us, or like the Panthers

I hate Anaheim. And Team Canada.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Edmonton game was the one that really sucked.

You're wrong about the Calgary game, though. They actually tried, at least until Hudler ****ed them with the one thing they failed to do against the NY area...

I hate Anaheim. And Team Canada.

I was at the flames game and they did not lose due to lack of effort. Probably the best game Richards had played in 2 years

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
RoR was arrested.

He is guilty of DWI.

He is guilty of willful destruction of private property.

He is guilty of fleeing the scene of a crime.

The NHL hasn't suspended him or in fact even made a public statement regarding RoR's situation really.

**** the NHL and everyone involved in deciding how punishments/handling player legal troubles. **** them hard.

Voynov was arrested and suspended within hours after his arrest.

RoR was arrested and the NHL has done NOTHING.

Voynov was still presumed innocent after his arrest.

RoR was absolutely guilty of what he was accused of doing. He has admitted it.

No suspension.

I have zero faith in the NHL as an org any longer. This summer put the final nails in the coffin for me. I will always follow the Kings but not the league. No support. I bought my season seats for the Reign this year and will spend my money there. I get free tickets to Kings games whenever I want really but I have always paid for them to support the team financially. No more. No more merchandize or anything else with exception of the Kings. 38 years is enough.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Bruins-Rangers game airing tonight (delayed) at 7 on the NHL Network. Jarret Stoll in for the Rangers, Colin Miller for the Bruins.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
RoR was arrested.

He is guilty of DWI.

He is guilty of willful destruction of private property.

He is guilty of fleeing the scene of a crime.

The NHL hasn't suspended him or in fact even made a public statement regarding RoR's situation really.

**** the NHL and everyone involved in deciding how punishments/handling player legal troubles. **** them hard.

Voynov was arrested and suspended within hours after his arrest.

RoR was arrested and the NHL has done NOTHING.

Voynov was still presumed innocent after his arrest.

RoR was absolutely guilty of what he was accused of doing. He has admitted it.

No suspension.

I have zero faith in the NHL as an org any longer. This summer put the final nails in the coffin for me. I will always follow the Kings but not the league. No support. I bought my season seats for the Reign this year and will spend my money there. I get free tickets to Kings games whenever I want really but I have always paid for them to support the team financially. No more. No more merchandize or anything else with exception of the Kings. 38 years is enough.

ROR did not harm someone. If it was a DUI that involved an injury I would hope the league would suspend. I would also hope that ROR gets at least a fine for a DUI his dui anyway though

Captain Mittens*

ROR did not harm someone. If it was a DUI that involved an injury I would hope the league would suspend. I would also hope that ROR gets at least a fine for a DUI his dui anyway though

Fleeing a scene of a crime/hit and run in the US is a felony

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Regardless, that was the can of worms opened with the Voynov suspension.

ROR was arrested and charged. No suspension.

Kane is currently embroiled in something that arguably looks worse for the league. No suspension.

If you're going to invoke the 'makes the league look bad' so you're suspended clause, you're going to have to be careful so you're not looking selective. Right now, the NHL is looking extremely selective. Russian 2nd-pairing d-man? Suspended within hours of arrest. Canadian good ol' boy arrested and charged? Not a peep. Marketable American superstar tied up in an ugly high profile legal case? We'll stand behind him. If you're going to play moral police, you'd better take a hard line. Right now the NHL looks like they're saying drinking and driving and fleeing the scene is okay and that the sideshow surrounding the Kane rape allegations do not harm the league in any way, but that domestic violence is the one issue that you cannot engage in. I understand being inconsistent due to having to take it case-by-case, but what a bunch of tone-deaf bull ****. Voynov is by far not the worst thing to happen to the league's image yet he was punished worse than anyone in NHL history, while situations that are arguably just as bad for the NHL's image, never mind society, either get completely ignored or worse.

Ugh, this bs gets me worked up. I'm done I swear!

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Regardless, that was the can of worms opened with the Voynov suspension.

ROR was arrested and charged. No suspension.

Kane is currently embroiled in something that arguably looks worse for the league. No suspension.

If you're going to invoke the 'makes the league look bad' so you're suspended clause, you're going to have to be careful so you're not looking selective. Right now, the NHL is looking extremely selective. Russian 2nd-pairing d-man? Suspended within hours of arrest. Canadian good ol' boy arrested and charged? Not a peep. Marketable American superstar tied up in an ugly high profile legal case? We'll stand behind him. If you're going to play moral police, you'd better take a hard line. Right now the NHL looks like they're saying drinking and driving and fleeing the scene is okay and that the sideshow surrounding the Kane rape allegations do not harm the league in any way, but that domestic violence is the one issue that you cannot engage in. I understand being inconsistent due to having to take it case-by-case, but what a bunch of tone-deaf bull ****. Voynov is by far not the worst thing to happen to the league's image yet he was punished worse than anyone in NHL history, while situations that are arguably just as bad for the NHL's image, never mind society, either get completely ignored or worse.

Ugh, this bs gets me worked up. I'm done I swear!

Glad to see someone else is equally frustrated by this as I am. The entire scenario is turning into a serious black eye for the league and potentially for the BH's.

The fan boys here in CHI will of course spout off about it being "some jersey chaser looking for a pay day". Nice try, but sexual assault and rape cases need to be vetted out in their entirety. There are also plenty of fans here that are very upset about Kane even getting himself into this situation, after what transpired after the Buffalo cabbie incident and the drunken Madison bender. The team and Toews I know met with him and said "no more", after the Madison situation.

I think the situation with Voynov went the direction it did because it was on the heels of the R Rice incident. The league was looking at image and damage control, after the black eye the NFL received.

I wonder what the league would do now if the D Heatley crash were to happen?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Accusers attorney has stepped down and no longer believes the bag story as told to him by accusers family nor circumstances surrounding bag

Also stopped calling it rape kit bag and simply evidence bag

No longer felt he could be a part of case and had morale obligation to excuse himself

Stunning press conference

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This definitely puts a dent into the credibility of the accuser. This is why I laugh at the people who wanted the book thrown at Kane. Guess Doughty should've also been suspended in 2012...

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Accusers attorney has stepped down and no longer believes the bag story as told to him by accusers family nor circumstances surrounding bag

Also stopped calling it rape kit bag and simply evidence bag

No longer felt he could be a part of case and had morale obligation to excuse himself

Stunning press conference
Biggest point is him saying that the accuser isn't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad