Around the League: Congrats Pittsburgh Penguins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
The real question is why on earth did San Jose trade Demers for Dillion? That looks like one of the dumbest trades in recent memory.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't understand why some people hate Crosby and the Pens.

Jealousy?

Good for the Pens and good for Crosby. Well deserved Cup win.

They soundly outplayed the Sharks in this series. The only reason it went 6 games was because of the ridiculous goaltending the Sharks got from Jones.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The real question is why on earth did San Jose trade Demers for Dillion? That looks like one of the dumbest trades in recent memory.

3 weeks ago people here were telling me Dillon was a huge improvemtn over Demers. :amazed:

Really, all the Sharks D additions, Martin, Polak, Dillon, were horrible. Yet everybody somehow inferring this Sharks D was better than the one they had in 2014.

The best sharks D are Vlasic, Braun, Burns, then or now.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wonder how much the shot blocking played on their minds. They never seemed to figure out how to neutralise it. Yet you have Dumoulin, he of the 3 career goals, out wait a shot blocker on the Pens first goal.

Yep, I wondered too. The Sharks were really bad from the point in this series and only Vlasic and Braun had any success.

On one play Dillon gets the puck on his point, all of the Pens are flooded the other side of the ice, he has a wide open shot on net and he waits for the block. If I'm a Sharks fan I'm screaming how many times they screwed themselves out of shots and at least trying to get the mail to the net. Murray gives up rebounds, just get it into the danger area.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wonder what goes through the minds of guys like Hall, Ebs and Nuge seeing what happened to Schultz after getting away from this mess of an organisation?

Probably not all good thoughts :)

It's all on Chia to make our guys feel like something like that is still remotely possible to happen to you as an Oiler.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
For all the talk of the Sharks getting grossly outplayed in the game, (people saying by 2-1 margin) the SOG were 20-17 Pens after two periods with pens getting the only PP to that point which reflects pretty much what was happening out there. Sharks had a **** 3rd but looks worse than it was because Sharks were missing the net frequently again tonight and then you got guys like Pavelski passing off from gimme scoring range.

while the Sharks played well enough that a result was possible they needed better in this game and they needed their go to guys to make a difference. Burns tonight sucked offensively, several scoring chances, shot wide every time. Pavelski was a complete disaster. I do feel sorry for Thornton who set up guys endlessly in this game and series and took a ton of hits making plays. I wish they kept stats on missed shots. I thought there was a place to get those numbers. Sharks missed the net an unbelievable amount of times.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20152016/ES030416.HTM

Sharks missed the net 15 times to the Pens 12 tonight.

In the series the both teams missed 69 shots. Had to go through all the event summaries for each game. Even finding event summaries is a nightmare on NHLs website now though.

Last edited:

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Crosby is a ratfaced whiner, and none of the other Pens are likeable at all.

I think you completely, utterly mixed up Crosby with Couture. Because you're so far off its not even funny.

One of the most boring and anti climactic SCF's in the past decade. Maybe since NJ/LA, that one was horrendous.

Congrats to Sid and the Pens and their fans, well deserved. Boy was I wrong!

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Well, in hindsight MacT was right, Schultz was going to win a prestigeous trophy, it just wasn't the Norris, it was a much more special trophy than that. I bet he's lobbying to bring Schultz back now with his STANLEY CUP CHAMPION EXPERIENCE.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Jealousy IS the reason for the Crosby hatred. I like the kid. Have his jersey, the only non-Oilers jersey I have.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, in hindsight MacT was right, Schultz was going to win a prestigeous trophy, it just wasn't the Norris, it was a much more special trophy than that. I bet he's lobbying to bring Schultz back now with his STANLEY CUP CHAMPION EXPERIENCE.

Schultz will be demanding $5 million a year plus to bring that championship experience to a team.

I still feel sick that he now has his name on a Cup. What a piece of garbage.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Schultz will be demanding $5 million a year plus to bring that championship experience to a team.

I still feel sick that he now has his name on a Cup. What a piece of garbage.

I'm sure he'll find the time to care about what you think at some point during the summer.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
the xG model (expected goals) hit 14/15 predications this post season... the most accurate prediction list of any source. Beat all the "insider", media, bloggers, any individual fan list and consensus fan lists.

A purely analytic and numbers approach... and more drastic than corsi or any basic advanced stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad