Around the League 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes. Parking is a nightmare for big games. It’s like they are used to no one coming and then the Hawks, NY teams come in town and they lose their mind.

I take it uber would also be a nightmare? Also, is there a prime location to stay down there for visiting fans that wouldn't break the bank?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I take it uber would also be a nightmare? Also, is there a prime location to stay down there for visiting fans that wouldn't break the bank?
Uber would be fine but depends on where you are staying. Around the area where the arena is shouldn't be as expensive because there isn't much out there lmfao. Its a ways away from Miami. If it was me, I'd stay at the Hard Rock down the road, gamble, and then go to the game.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It also won 2 Jennings trophies and 3 cups. But yes its all bad. Not that jt takes skill to be good at and comiment to blocking lanes smartly to succeed.

Hawks defended by having the puck, not by being great defensively. They were elite at puck retrieval, and puck possession. When they weren't, they struggled big time keeping pucks out of their net. I think Q is overrated when it comes to defensive coaching. Plenty of the things he stresses are counter to the fundamentals you are taught throughout your career. Such as only trying to block wrist shots, and not battling guys in front of your net.

Reactions: Muffinalt

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Parking at the UC is easy. Parking in Sunrise is a joke. The stadium is far away from everything, there is no public transportation to the game. Everyone drives.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Parking at the UC is easy. Parking in Sunrise is a joke. The stadium is far away from everything, there is no public transportation to the game. Everyone drives.

I got to the game super early in Sunrise. No one was even there to take money for parking. I don't know if that's a normal occurrence but I parked for free hahaha.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The biggest hassle I've ever had leaving a stadium or arena (other than leaving the Assembly Hall and walking to my car during a brutal winter cold) was leaving PNC Arena in Raleigh.

Leaving Chicago stuff is easy by comparison.

Entering Soldier Field is a pain, though.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Carolina is just a great team. Losing to them isn't an indictment of any coach’s system.

I think they’re going back to the ECF again.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Carolina is just a great team. Losing to them isn't an indictment of any coach’s system.

I think they’re going back to the ECF again.
Yeah, they are looking like gang Buster's this year. Terrible opening 3 game schedule for FLA to begin the year, playing, arguably, the two best teams in hockey in their first 3 games.

Bob also has been terrible, I wonder if he's coasting because he got his money.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Uber would be fine but depends on where you are staying. Around the area where the arena is shouldn't be as expensive because there isn't much out there lmfao. Its a ways away from Miami. If it was me, I'd stay at the Hard Rock down the road, gamble, and then go to the game.

Ah okay, thx for info. Looking for a nice middle ground where uber to and from stadium is relatively cheap and the hotel is not far from bars/restaurants etc. Hard Rock could be an option it sounds like. Mainly looking to booze, have some nice food and maybe hit up some bars while there for game.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Would you recommend it? Originally wanted to go to Nashville this year but the game is in like a month so it would require a bit of last minute planning.

I actually really enjoyed it. But we also went in January and it was f***ing cold here and it was beautiful down in Florida.
The game itself was a lot of fun too though. They get too much crap.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I actually really enjoyed it. But we also went in January and it was ****ing cold here and it was beautiful down in Florida.
The game itself was a lot of fun too though. They get too much crap.

Planning to go when they play the Hawks in late Feb, so I assume the weather will be similar and the building will be full. And I'm perfectly fine paying $125 for club seats at their stadium when a game at the UC is $100 for 300 level lol

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->