Around the League 4 - y u do dis ekano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Lemaire over to the Leafs now.

That's one team that just doesn't do the whole "rebuild" thing. Honestly, it seems like literally every time they've been set to do so over the past few years the next big name will hit the market and decide to try to be "the guy" to right the ship there... and it never works, hell in the cap era it hasn't even come close to working.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well the curious thing is no one on earth thinks that team is competing coming into the season. None of these big names can. Everyone is mocking because these guys seem to be win now types but they all have to know the reality of this roster, and the patience that will be required.

I think thus must be coming into it with an open mind. It's a paycheck after all.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Well the curious thing is no one on earth thinks that team is competing coming into the season. None of these big names can. Everyone is mocking because these guys seem to be win now types but they all have to know the reality of this roster, and the patience that will be required.

I think thus must be coming into it with an open mind. It's a paycheck after all.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it's a team that's been in need of a rebuild since the start of the Cap Era, and yet management there has been in absolutely no hurry to do so, quite the contrary in fact. JFJ was content to tread water (and trade away Rask LMAO), Burke's Burke, he wasn't going to change and while he did improve the roster long-term it wasn't enough and he never had the horses in place to back up his "truculent" style like he did with the WCE and the Sedins in Vancouver, and inheriting Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim. Nonis is Nonis, not a good GM. Something tells me Lou is going to keep being Lou just based on his prior history. I'd take Lou any day over Nonis or Burke as GM, but he's not exactly a guy that rebuilds, and there's not going to be another collapse of the Soviet Union for him to benefit of as a GM any time in the rest of our lifetimes.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Lemaire over to the Leafs now.

That's one team that just doesn't do the whole "rebuild" thing. Honestly, it seems like literally every time they've been set to do so over the past few years the next big name will hit the market and decide to try to be "the guy" to right the ship there... and it never works, hell in the cap era it hasn't even come close to working.

It's waaaayyyy too premature to say anything like this. Lemaire's basically going to be a pro scout that travels with the team.

Honestly don't understand how could you say anything that even implies that they aren't currently smack dab at the beginning of a rebuild.

Look at their roster, then look at their prospect pool. That's 100% the definition of a rebuilding team.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
i know we all *want* toronto to suck and be terrible forever, but every little move they make doesn't mean they're ****ing up their rebuild. Shanahan, Dubas, and Co. know what they are doing.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
according to an article in the calgary sun today, the alleged victim in the kane case apparently did not want to leave the club and only went to his house because her friend really wanted to go and she didn't want her to go by herself.

several people have also spoken up in defense of the character of the victim. this is quite the elaborate gold digging scheme if it is one.

this is getting weird. still don't want to speculate, but this is starting to not look so good for him.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
according to an article in the calgary sun today, the alleged victim in the kane case apparently did not want to leave the club and only went to his house because her friend really wanted to go and she didn't want her to go by herself.

several people have also spoken up in defense of the character of the victim. this is quite the elaborate gold digging scheme if it is one.

this is getting weird. still don't want to speculate, but this is starting to not look so good for him.

I think it started not looking really good for him when he got accused of rape, but that's just me.

Also, if he wasn't an NHL player and you just saw him on the street with his playoff beard I'm pretty sure a reasonable person would assume he's a sex offender of some kind. Maybe only the yank it out in public type, but dude looks like he should be on the registry.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
Not all beards. Just his beard. Coupled with the mullet.

Its not even a good mullet. Now Jagr's mullet, thats a mullet you can be proud of.

jaromir-jagr-hair.jpg

Dec 30, 2013
I think it started not looking really good for him when he got accused of rape, but that's just me.

Also, if he wasn't an NHL player and you just saw him on the street with his playoff beard I'm pretty sure a reasonable person would assume he's a sex offender of some kind. Maybe only the yank it out in public type, but dude looks like he should be on the registry.

Not sure if you know what reasonable means tbh

The Stranger

May 4, 2014

It's a good thing that the name of the person coming forward is protected, but the alleged perp should also be protected...it's a shame this allegation is public knowledge.

No one in the public knows if Kane is guilty or innocent...we have the ideal of presumed innocence, but this is just not human nature...it's clear that many already have it in their mind that he's guilty.

Kane hasn't even been charged yet, let alone convicted, but his reputation has taken a severe beating...and will probably never be the same even if he's not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad