Around the League 4 - y u do dis ekano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My lady is from chicago. I won't share details because it's just rumor, but she's got some friends with stories. This guy has never lived very smart. No idea what to think about this, it's too soon and he may be fully innocent. I just don't believe he's fully innocent day to day anymore.

Not shocking, the guy just screams fratboy with serious money to me at times. Ridiculous talent level and a guy that actually has personality, but that doesn't always make the best decision maker.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It's been confirmed to be a rape investigation involving Kane and an unidentified woman. It was reported that the woman had a rape kit performed on her. It was also reported that Kane is expected to turn himself in for questioning over the next few days. This all coming from a legitimate Buffalo news source.

At the time he posted that, nowhere had it been confirmed it was a rape allegation. That's not even what I really took exception to. Making the jump from some drunken nights and baseless accusations to I BELIEVE THERE'S SOME TRUTH TO SOMETHING (possibly rape) I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT is ridiculous. By all accounts, the guy is a complete ******. Being a complete ****** (with money) doesn't mean the conclusion drawn of a possible rape accusation is that he's guilty of rape (see: Duke lacrosse)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Honestly, the Hawks should just keep Kane away from alcohol. It doesn't seem like he can handle it, and it often leads to bad publicity for Kane and the Hawks.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Honestly, the Hawks should just keep Kane away from alcohol. It doesn't seem like he can handle it, and it often leads to bad publicity for Kane and the Hawks.

Stupid **** happens around alcohol quite a bit. I mean, the whole 20 cent thing leads me to believe that he's a bit of a problem around it, but history has also shown a pretty significant number of "false alarms" on that front too. Especially when anyone with money or perceived money (Duke Lacrosse) is involved.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Stupid **** happens around alcohol quite a bit. I mean, the whole 20 cent thing leads me to believe that he's a bit of a problem around it, but history has also shown a pretty significant number of "false alarms" on that front too. Especially when anyone with money or perceived money (Duke Lacrosse) is involved.

I used that reference too, but implying the potential of a false accusation is equally as bad as assuming guilt at this stage.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

The University of Tennessee's.... "innovative" ways of getting drunk come to mind as well.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not going to speculate too much, but, it is pretty damning imo that the girl went to the hospital before the police. That sounds like something someone who was in actual distress would do, not something if they were just trying to make up a false allegation.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
if i had as much money and athletic ability as p kaneo i could probably find lots of ways to get in trouble tbh

like i could use my athletic ability and money to sponsor a breakdancing competition and compete in it and get in trouble because i would make it to the finals of the tournament and it is me vs another guy and if i win i get all th emoney, but since i am the one organizing the tournament it would be kind of scummy to win and take the prize money so then i throw the competition and punch one of the r-line drivers downtown on the way home because even though i lost on purpose the other guy told me i got served and my fragile ego can't handle it

yeah trouble follows me

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
1124_nhl-gm-jim-rutherford_485x340.jpeg

Pens sign gritty veteran Matt Cullen.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
At the time he posted that, nowhere had it been confirmed it was a rape allegation. That's not even what I really took exception to. Making the jump from some drunken nights and baseless accusations to I BELIEVE THERE'S SOME TRUTH TO SOMETHING (possibly rape) I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT is ridiculous. By all accounts, the guy is a complete ******. Being a complete ****** (with money) doesn't mean the conclusion drawn of a possible rape accusation is that he's guilty of rape (see: Duke lacrosse)

My comment was made in respect to previous incidents Kane was involved in (ie, cabbie and frat party)...

According to eye-witness reports, Kane allegedly choked a women who turned him down...

I was at a frat last Saturday where Patrick Kane spent a lot of his day before going to the KK. He was really enjoying himself there and thought he would get a little friendly with a young lady. Kaner thought it would be a good idea to choke a girl, like both hands around the throat choking. She immediately freaked out and started screaming, which drew a lot of attention. He was immediately thrown out by the frat boys and thats when he probably went to the KK, which is right down the street from frat row.
…
I was at the frat party Pat Kane attended on Saturday afternoon. First off, he wasn’t even supposed to be there, he had been hooking up with the frat president’s girlfriend, a junior, over the past year, and had even gone so far as to jet her around the country. Despite this, he showed up anyway and proceeded to get blackout drunk. Later, he relentlessly began hitting on a girl who wanted nothing to do with him—his response to this denial, attempt to choke her, which is what ultimately got him booted.

If that stuff is true, he really seems like a stand up gentlemen that would never be capable of rape.

Get off your soapbox.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He has a history of not hiding his party time. Other guys at least make the effort of not putting themselves in the spotlight. Kane goes to college parties and bars and gets bombed. He sets himself up for failure. He's guilty of making many poor personal decisions, imo. Hopefully this is not what it seems, but living the life he publicly does plus the stories I know makes him seem at the very least susceptible to being in compromising positions fairly frequently.

much like Oreilly, this is poor timing for starting the new contract. Can't help wonder what happens with that if this all goes poorly for him.

Dec 30, 2013
I read it as " y u do dis pkarma" and instantly started freaking out :rant: because I thought I missed something major like Karmanos firing Francis or selling the team to Don Cherry for a nickel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad