Hunter Skinner
Andy Welinski
Conditional 1st-round pick in 2023
Conditional 2nd-round pick in 2023
Conditional 7th-round pick in 2023
Conditional 4th-round pick in 2024
Conditional 3rd-round pick in 2025
4th-round pick in 2025

That’s what the Rangers gave up to get dismissed in the first round by the team across the river.

A lot of depth but not one single quality piece player wise because Tarasenko and Kane forced their teams hands. Glad they're out though. Literally the only quality piece was the conditional 1st.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Alright Devils thanks for taking out the Rags, now kindly f*** off.

In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect for the Devils and Schmid reminds me of Ward coming in as rookie and playing lights out. Hopefully for our sake he regresses. Thanks to them we don't have to deal with the Rags over running PNC now.

Last edited:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Man, did Kane ever look washed up in this series. I really thought he'd be more impactful but was wrong. Maybe it was the hip injury..or age caught up with him, but he looked like he didn't care and rarely engaged in any battles.
No forward other than Motte gave a f*** after game 2. Kane, Mika, Panarin, Tro, Kreider, Tank etc. were all nowhere to be found.

I guess I should handle Necas going MIA yearly since he’s only one guy and not the entire top 9.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Kane has been in decline. Those razzle dazzle moves and jukes leaving defenders with broken ankles are long gone. He’ll never have to buy his own beer in Chicago, but he chose poorly to go to NY. They are a terrible postseason organization like Boston. One could understand the attraction to the big name stars but NJ played as a team. NY played like a collection of has-beens.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No forward other than Motte gave a f*** after game 2. Kane, Mika, Panarin, Tro, Kreider, Tank etc. were all nowhere to be found.

I guess I should handle Necas going MIA yearly since he’s only one guy and not the entire top 9.
True, but I wasn't just talking about tonight. He was the same floating, slow, player that didn't engage or show any spark unless he was skating to the net. Looked like he just didn't care.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
As @Gocanes0506 pointed out in the other thread, Trocheck finished with 1 point in 7 games.

I know we have a big fan of the player on this board, but I just don't see it. Solid complimentary 2nd liner, yes. Impact player he is not, though. Don't miss him at all, honestly.
I think his playoff performances here sealed the deal, we weren’t gonna keep him after that and this year further confirms we made the right call. I did like him here but he projected like a successful playoff performer and never lived up to it.

Hopefully Koko can pick up his play though as we’ll need him to. He does have a decent track record from Montreal’s bubble playoff run…

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
As @Gocanes0506 pointed out in the other thread, Trocheck finished with 1 point in 7 games.

I know we have a big fan of the player on this board, but I just don't see it. Solid complimentary 2nd liner, yes. Impact player he is not, though. Don't miss him at all, honestly.
Personally speaking, I'd prefer Nino over Trocheck if we're talking about players we didn't re-sign from last summer.

Nino is such a versatile player with being great on the 3rd line, but also fairly good on the 1st or 2nd line. Nino was slotted to Winnipeg's 1st line for at least one of their games (that I saw part of that is); I don't know if he was on their 1st line for more than that one game I saw.

*Edit* He's also big and he hits a good amount. That helps on top of the offense he generates.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The issue for me wasn’t that Tro was the best player in the world, it was that we didn’t have anyone close to being able to replace him during a time when we’re legitimately trying to win the cup. It creates too big a hole in the lineup. He’s a great second center and we’re short a great second center. Even with him we needed to add a scorer, so we’re short a couple of guys right now. I’m happy Koko is improving but he just doesn’t fill that spot yet. This wasn’t a year to not have that spot occupied.

Using his playoff stats when the whole team tanked is kind of comical to me. Same as last year, he’s part of a group that’s having trouble scoring. Two weeks ago people were saying here he was being carried by his new all star line mates when everything out of NY was saying he was the one driving more than anyone. Now his all star line mates disappear and we’re blaming him for being not a playoff performer.

We don’t have many ”playoff performers”. We’re only in the second round because a passed his due date vet who was slow when he was in his prime scored from almost behind the goal line on an awful play.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
The issue for me wasn’t that Tro was the best player in the world, it was that we didn’t have anyone close to being able to replace him during a time when we’re legitimately trying to win the cup. It creates too big a hole in the lineup. He’s a great second center and we’re short a great second center. Even with him we needed to add a scorer, so we’re short a couple of guys right now. I’m happy Koko is improving but he just doesn’t fill that spot yet. This wasn’t a year to not have that spot occupied.

Using his playoff stats when the whole team tanked is kind of comical to me. Same as last year, he’s part of a group that’s having trouble scoring. Two weeks ago people were saying here he was being carried by his new all star line mates when everything out of NY was saying he was the one driving more than anyone. Now his all star line mates disappear and we’re blaming him for being not a playoff performer.

We don’t have many ”playoff performers”. We’re only in the second round because a passed his due date vet who was slow when he was in his prime scored from almost behind the goal line on an awful play.
That's ridiculous lol, Even if Stastny doesn't make the shot it's still in OT and even if they lose its game 7 at PNC.... Your acting like he scored that goal with one second left to tie the game to force OT in a game 7.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
That's ridiculous lol, Even if Stastny doesn't make the shot it's still in OT and even if they lose its game 7 at PNC.... Your acting like he scored that goal with one second left to tie the game to force OT in a game 7.
No, I’m acting like we got at least a little lucky we’re in the second round. We won another game because their own defenseman put a puck in the net from like 40 feet away on one of the weirdest goals I’ve ever seen.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
No, I’m acting like we got at least a little lucky we’re in the second round. We won another game because their own defenseman put a puck in the net from like 40 feet away on one of the weirdest goals I’ve ever seen.
The game also went to OT because of the most uncharacteristic team brain fart I’ve seen all season. If the team doesn’t go for a full line change at once Freddie may have pitched a shutout there.

There were plenty of weird bounces both ways all series (NYI Aho deflection, off CAR Aho’s face are the obvious ones). Carolina getting the last one in a non-elimination game for them is not that much luckier than NYI pushing to game 6 off Aho’s face.

Last edited:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Jamie Hersch, NHL Network: "Edmonton vs Vegas, aka McDavid vs Eichel. You may remember they went 1-2 in the draft many years ago."

Me: "Many years ago? No it wasn't! [checks internet, sees 2016 draft] Oh god."

Eight years ago. Time. Blink and you miss it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Jamie Hersch, NHL Network: "Edmonton vs Vegas, aka McDavid vs Eichel. You may remember they went 1-2 in the draft many years ago."

Me when they bring up that we have the most recent Cup win of the remaining teams and my brain comprehends when that actually was versus what it feels like:

giphy.gif

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

2016? I think it was actually many years ago +1.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

1 point in 7 games and I saw him take some really stupid penalties, many of which at momentum killing or momentum shifting times.

So.... pretty much what you'd expect of Vinny in crunch time

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

It’s the playoffs. Ridiculous bounces are a part of it.

We only won a Cup because a backup goalie decided to say “here you go have the puck” to Rod Brind’Amour behind his own net with a minute left in a tie game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad