Around the League 27: Why u do dis Dolan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
CBD5C677-77B9-46C5-BE6F-7CDA5108494B.jpeg

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
It is important to note that while many say that “no one wants this kind of play”, this game is probably getting more viewership and engagement, and causing more people to talk than any game this year. I’m sure as hell tuning in after I put the kid down to bed. Definitely wouldn’t have otherwise.

True facts here. The game is not going to be a good game, however its going to brings eyes to the NHL and maybe some of those stay to see how its supposed to look

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I guess I don’t understand what’s embarrassing. Two teams that don’t like each other scrapping it out. Might lead to an actual good hockey game.
It sure hasn't been good so far to my eye, leaving aside the fights. The hate doesn't really feel that genuine to me either.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It sure hasn't been good so far to my eye, leaving aside the fights. The hate doesn't really feel that genuine to be either.
That’s why I said it may lead to one. All the bravado was pretty faked. The only thing to do is go after Wilson, but the Rangers are ill prepared. Smith did it, move on and play a fiesty game.

Like they just said, Buch going after Wilson with a slash is just stupid and a way to get yourself hurt. Even Chara didn’t like it. Fight him, hit him in the context of the play or leave him alone. Acting like you’re going to get him back when you can’t is a waste of time.

It’s not embarrassing though, and I doubt anyone is upset there’s fights in this game.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I guess I don’t understand what’s embarrassing. Two teams that don’t like each other scrapping it out. Might lead to an actual good hockey game.
It's been pretty ugly. And not in the violent intense way that playoff hockey can get. More a mediocre hockey vibe with a few fights which given where the Rangers are this season at least makes sense for them I guess. But it's not even like the Rangers are finishing their checks with a bit extra on it or something that I usually associate with REAL intensity.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It's been pretty ugly. And not in the violent intense way that playoff hockey can get. More a mediocre hockey vibe with a few fights which given where the Rangers are this season at least makes sense for them I guess. But it's not even like the Rangers are finishing their checks with a bit extra on it or something that I usually associate with REAL intensity.
They’re not a tough team. We generally aren’t either, though we’ve made some attempts at shoring that up.

Tough for the Rangers to act like they’re going to run a bigger, stronger team out of the rink.
right or wrong, I wouldn’t be watching this game if not for the drama.
I turned it on because I heard there was a ruckus.

It’ll be interesting when Wilson comes back. I suspect the refs just want this over with without another big incident - wouldn’t surprise me if they find a way kept him off the ice much of the game.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You know, the fight doesn't always go to the biggest or the strongest. Sometimes it goes to the guy who doesn't give a f*** if he lives or dies and is willing to take the other guy with him.

I guess I'm saying that the Rangers are the Viet Cong or something? Lol

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Wilson's done for the night, probably the right call for Lavi to take him out of the game if he's not actually hurt. Don't need something exceedingly stupid to happen.

Reactions: Unsustainable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad