Around the League 24:The Return of Tony DeActivated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The thing everyone forgets about that trade is that if Lindros didn't end up having his brains turned into oatmeal it would've ended up a success for both sides.
That trade is more of a reminder how things can go south in an instant even for a generational prospect.

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
What's up with Zibenejad in New York? I know the Rangers have been bad in general but any reason why he's fallen off a cliff as well? He's out scored by Hurricane legend Phil Di Giuseppe

Reactions: WreckingCrew

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Yikes..... all due respect to fellow board members... but some of the trade packages for eichel make me glad none of our arm chair GMs are actually able to conduct trades...

I know Buffalo just hasn’t been a good team for a while and the losing can cause some outbursts (and if the player just went along with it and didn’t have negative reactions the lack of caring would be an even bigger red flag), but the pouting like behavior seen on a few occasions doesn’t inspire as much confidence as the introspective and acceptance of blame seen by Aho. Call me a homer I guess..

I’m also in the camp of “dance with who brought you” in any aho v. Eichel comparison / trade scenario. Aho seems more of a complete all around package player and seems to come up with timely momentum changing scores. He may not have the size or maybe some perceived elite ness in scoring, but he figures out how to get it done and make those around him better.

we sure look awfully balanced right now and I’m not sure I’d want to mess too much with the core of what is on the ice right now... tweaking things on the fringes like they did with paquette was about as much as I’d want to touch right now until maybe the deadline (if then) unless we suddenly take a prolonged nose dive and forget how to play hockey.... we are giving up too many shots compared to prior years and too many good quality chances.... we aren’t likely to win many playoff series with sub .900 goaltending ... if we get some slightly better than average goaltending then we are going to be tough... unless they are giving away Eichel at a reduced rate, (which seems unlikely as any number of teams would want to get a legit #1 center and pay market rate or better for it), then put me down for being a no on a trade for eichel... in any combo of options... definitely not in a one for one for Aho for sure.. definitely not in a combo that guts a lot of our current roster that would mess with this years team... maybe in a futures kind of deal if we got him at a discount... but after this season when we have more time to try to figure out how to make all the money work if it can...

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
If orange vs yellow is ok for this nationally televised lake Tahoe game I dont see why we couldn't have had grey vs red for the whalers jersey game. I will say the yellow and orange is easier to differentiate than I expected though

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If orange vs yellow is ok for this nationally televised lake Tahoe game I dont see why we couldn't have had grey vs red for the whalers jersey game. I will say the yellow and orange is easier to differentiate than I expected though
I know there's always the not wanting to carry multiple sets of unis on a road trip thing, but the NHL should do a lot more home jersey matchups when they aren't too similar. It usually looks pretty good and it's an ice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad