Around the League 24:The Return of Tony DeActivated

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
It’s been noted elsewhere but, unfortunately, the tweets are just too soon after the game ended to actually be him.
I dont know about that... like i dont know what a pro post game routine looks like but how long does it take to pick up your phone a fire off a tweet? Like 5 seconds? Even if you do have stuff going on as soon as you're back in the locker room I imagine one would have access to their phone

Edit to say I'm not trying to argue it is or isn't him behind that account just saying I dont know if the timing of right after a game means anything one way or the other

Reactions: Primetime8

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Chicago looks like they have competent forwards at least, just AHL level defensive depth and beer league level goaltending.

Even Chicago's defense is only below-average since their left side is NHL-quality. It's just incredibly green and inexperienced on the right side outside of Connor Murphy. Their goaltending, though...yikes...

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Even Chicago's defense is only below-average since their left side is NHL-quality. It's just incredibly green and inexperienced on the right side outside of Connor Murphy. Their goaltending, though...yikes...

with all the goalies claimed and going on taxi squads unclaimed, how did Chicago not claim someone else to help them?

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
with all the goalies claimed and going on taxi squads unclaimed, how did Chicago not claim someone else to help them?
20200912_STP003_0.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

You're not wrong. Remember a few years back when Buffalo traded every goalie that showed any semblance of competence when they were going after McDavid? Pepperidge Farms remembers

Well Chicago took a note out of that playbook and said "can't be accused of tanking by trading competent goaltending when you simply just never have competent goaltending".

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You're not wrong. Remember a few years back when Buffalo traded every goalie that showed any semblance of competence when they were going after McDavid? Pepperidge Farms remembers

Well Chicago took a note out of that playbook and said "can't be accused of tanking by trading competent goaltending when you simply just never have competent goaltending".

Oh how I was dreaming of McDavid in a Canes sweater that year when our squad went winless in October. And then of course right around mid-February they started winning a bunch of meaningless games because that's what we do. But at least they didn't tank, they just legit were not very good outside of Cam and Eric.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Oh how I was dreaming of McDavid in a Canes sweater that year when our squad went winless in October. And then of course right around mid-February they started winning a bunch of meaningless games because that's what we do. But at least they didn't tank, they just legit were not very good outside of Cam and Eric.

Getting Aho in the 2nd round is quite the consolation, though. And judging from the Oilers since then, high draft picks don't make up for incompetency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->