Around the League - 2023/24

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That Atlantic division. Yes. Inject that 1st round into my veins.

I think every series goes at least 6 with several going 7 with the exception of Dallas/LA (Stars in 5) and NYR/Washington (Rangers in 4, maybe 3 if the league feels this is detrimental to their product).
Are you excited for Isles vs Canes?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes

Bruins are bad on paper and have no 1C. Regular season juggernauts.
I posted on the main board that I totally give the Leafs the edge in players due to their offensive prowess, but that prowess has also gotten them nowhere and that's because their defence and goaltending is trash. Defence wins championships and the Bruins wipe the floor against the Leafs. For whatever advantage that Leafs have with a #1 centre, that centre isn't going to play 30 minutes of the game. Matthews isn't the type of player to raise his game in the postseason either, as we have also seen. Whatever Leafs score against Boston, Boston will be able to score twice as much due to the holes of Toronto.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
One of my best buddies in University (of Manitoba) was Ox. Around that time, I helped him coach his younger twin brothers. I moved to Toronto and the next year flew to watch the team he was still coaching at the Quebec PeeWee Tourney the year Gretzky played. Ox ultimately moved to Denver with GWL. where he had a successful career Several years ago his Obit noted that he was proud of being a first year season ticket holder of both the Jets #1 (Me too) and the Avalanche.

I now have a cottage in the Winnipeg area and despite living elsewhere became a Jets #2 season ticket holder when they moved from Atlanta.

Go Jets Go.
Go Avs Go.
Lets have a great series,

I

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Are you excited for Isles vs Canes?
Only way that series can excite any sane human being is if Patrick Roy and Rod Brind'Amour square off at center ice.

Otherwise it'll be a snoozefest of a series, likely the worst of the 1st round even with the abomination of NYR/Washington taking place and whatever it is the LA Kings try to convince people is them playing hockey.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Honest question and I want honest answers…

Other than @Sea Eagles, does anyone truly believe we can beat the Jets in the 1st round?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I guess to answer my own question, I see this series being similar to last year vs Seattle. Jets will play strong defensive hockey rolling 4 lines while having good goaltending, Avs will struggle to score other than MacK and Mikko, except this time Georgiev is gonna be worse than last year…

So no, I really don’t believe we beat them

Reactions: missionAvs

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I legitimately don't think we score more than 4 goals the whole series. We're going to get absolutely owned IMO.
Like that Detroit series where we got shutout like 3-4 games?
I predict the Avs are going to win a close game one in Winnipeg, and then this entire board is going to shift from doom and gloom to planning the parade again.
Well that's obviously the case haha

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I truly hate to say thisa, but I am resigned to a first round exit.

Furthermore, I am terrified about this team if Landy does not come back next year. Who provides that backbone, grit, soul, etc. that it takes to win? Mac is superhuman, but not the guy. Makar is the best D since Orr, but it's not his personality either. I love this team and the entire Top 9, but I am unsure I see a true captain. Not joking: LOC is probably the only guy with the Landy drive. Of course, I understand that there really isn't such a thing as a 3/4th line captain. (Then again, Cogs apparently give the 'Herb Brooksian' speech during the SC Finals)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad