Around the League - 2023/24

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Might be worth resting all the starters until Game 3
That’s exactly what I would do if I was Bednar. Mack won’t catch Kucherov for the Art Ross and I’m not sure why play the top guys. They’d be getting enough rest after getting knocked out of the 1st round anyway:sarcasm:

Reactions: BaconNater

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Did PHI really f*** over the Wings by not knowing the out of town scores? What is the exact timeline here?
Yea but I’m choosing to believe they kept the goalie out when it was too late as a big ol f*** you to make sure the Pens were out

That’s exactly what I would do if I was Bednar. Mack won’t catch Kucherov for the Art Ross and I’m not sure why play the top guys
If you were Bednar you’d rest the starting lineup until we were down 0-2 in the series? Bold.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yea but I’m choosing to believe they kept the goalie out when it was too late as a big ol f*** you to make sure the Pens were out

If you were Bednar you’d rest the starting lineup until we were down 0-2 in the series? Bold.
Other than MacK, Mikko and Makar, everyone else is gonna be resting anyway, like last year vs Seattle

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Did PHI really f*** over the Wings by not knowing the out of town scores? What is the exact timeline here?
It's pretty funny actually...

Philly needed regulation win so they pulled the goalie on a 1-1 game with 3 min left...Caps scored the empty netter (which is the winning goal)

Caps and Wings end the season with 91 points each but the Caps own the tie breaker.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Man, what a choke job to end the season. Had the division well within reach then sucked hard enough to not even get home ice in the first round. What a shame
We won the division and had home ice last year. Just saying…

This team is either gonna turn their game around and be much better when playoffs start, or they gonna be bad regardless of home ice or no home ice

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- The Capitals in one of the most important games of their lives clinched a playoff spot with only 18 shots on net. I mean, anything can happen in and playoffs and that includes the Rags winning in three. That would be horrific if the Caps somehow win that series, like taking Lighting vs CBJ and Bruins vs Panthers last year, combining it, and increasing it by a thousandfold.

- That was one of the worst goaler pulls I've seen from a coach as I saw from Torts tonight. He takes Erisson off with legitimately no puck possession whatsoever and the puck goes around the boards right back into the Flyers net. Lol.

- That Red Wings game was nuts, which begs the question of how Avs lost back-to-back against the Habs? Would have much preferred them (DRW) than how Washington plays in the postseason.

- Thank God that Leafs and Bruins crapped the bed and now we get some really tasty Eastern Conference matchups.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

1000033120.jpg

Ouch.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That Atlantic division. Yes. Inject that 1st round into my veins.

I think every series goes at least 6 with several going 7 with the exception of Dallas/LA (Stars in 5) and NYR/Washington (Rangers in 4, maybe 3 if the league feels this is detrimental to their product).

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad