Around the League - 2023/24

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It was interesting, Arizona kept all the Jets retired numbers but the Avs did not do so with the Nords.
I don't think they should TBH.

If AZ or Quebec gets another team the retired jerseys should go to the new team.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The Coyotes' history as an Arizona franchise should be put on pause so that Utah can technically be an expansion team formed from Arizona's personnel (similar to the Browns/Ravens relationship in the NFL). The original Jets' history meanwhile should be given to the current Jets franchise, which would then be considered to have started in the WHA in 1972, joined the NHL in 1979, suspended operations from 1996-99, played as the Atlanta Thrashers from 1999-2011, and relocated back to Winnipeg in 2011.

I think I have a good name for the Avalanche's rivalry with the new Utah team: Rocky Mountain Madness.
Awesome name. It sounds like a brand of powerful edibles

Reactions: UncleRisto

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Watching the Canucks/Oilers game it is insanely obvious how much better Quinn Hughes has been than Cale Makar this season.

Makar had one good month. Hughes has been unreal all season and his defensive game has improved leaps and bounds.
Don't worry, he'll win the Norris.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Watching the Canucks/Oilers game it is insanely obvious how much better Quinn Hughes has been than Cale Makar this season.

Makar had one good month. Hughes has been unreal all season and his defensive game has improved leaps and bounds.
Its actually not close and whats funny is it probably wont be just this season where Hughes is better than Makar. Makar did this to himself by turning into Patrice Breezeby this season.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It's the hype and some kind of acquired taste for the people that eat it regularly. This leads to some kind of let down for people that try it for the first time.

We experience the same phenomenon here with a local poutine chain called Ashton.
C'est de la grosse marde

Reactions: Snow Arc

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I’ve done some research, gone through all the trades since the cap, and Mittelstadt is the one, unless I’m missing a trade there. Didn’t really do much search on traded away. It’s a toughy

Mittelstadt is correct! Kind of surprising that he might be the biggest mid-season trade acquisition we've had in the cap era.

Wojtek Wolski scored the most pts out of anyone we traded away. He had 65 in 2009-10 when we shipped him off to the Coyotes.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Mittelstadt is correct! Kind of surprising that he might be the biggest mid-season trade acquisition we've had in the cap era.

Wojtek Wolski scored the most pts out of anyone we traded away. He had 65 in 2009-10 when we shipped him off to the Coyotes.
Interesting. Would not have guessed either of those.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

200w.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If I had a vote, I think would give the Hart to Crosby now. Dude is willing that team from the dumpster to the playoffs. Kuch has been good, but can't get over the number of ENG points he has, and Mack has kinda fallen off a cliff the last 2 weeks, or at least his team has. While he has the most even strength points since like 1995 (I think that's what I read or heard yesterday) he's not powering them to wins like he was. If Pittsburgh gets in, I think Crosby should win it.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
If I had a vote, I think would give the Hart to Crosby now. Dude is willing that team from the dumpster to the playoffs. Kuch has been good, but can't get over the number of ENG points he has, and Mack has kinda fallen off a cliff the last 2 weeks, or at least his team has. While he has the most even strength points since like 1995 (I think that's what I read or heard yesterday) he's not powering them to wins like he was. If Pittsburgh gets in, I think Crosby should win it.

Kuch Crosby and McD should be the nominees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad