Around the League - 2023/24

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yeah I've been hoping for a edm-vgk matchup because it would be one hell of a series.

Dallas-Vegas would be great too but there's something about loiler fans thinking that we are the "Refalanche" and we get all the calls - when Vegas is like "hold my beer"...

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Should've been done ages ago. Ok, if there's a contractual reason you can't get the coach you want until the offseason, fine. But otherwise, maybe teams should look at Vancouver and realize that at least you can lay the foundation late in the season rather than waiting until the next season begins.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Roy did it, Isles are in the playoffs.
Not nearly enough appreciation for the coaching job there. The Isles were 19-15-11 and sitting out of the playoffs... Roy has them playing .600 hockey solidly in the playoffs with good underlying. I don't think they will beat Carolina, but it honestly wouldn't shock me at all if they did.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Buffalo should hire Gallant. He will wear out his welcome in 2 seasons, but he will get them to play structured hockey and demand them to work. Once they take that step and the locker room riot happens, they can fire him and get a different re-tread to get them to contention (Sully will probably be available then).

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
So Vegas Edmonton, Dallas Nashville, Vancouver LA?
You’ve mixed this up a little. Most likely scenario

Van - Nashville
Vegas - Edmonton
Dallas - LA

But we could still see Edmonton pass Vancouver to take P1 and theoretically Vegas could still blow it to be WC2. Regardless, it’s Dallas v WC2 and Van/Oil v Nashville

I do wonder who Vegas would rather play between Edmonton and Dallas. Some of the Sweden team members admitted to losing a game on purpose in 2006 Olympics to get an easier draw to the gold medal game. Vegas is the kind of organization who would play shenanigans like that if they think they have a better chance to beat Dallas

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Can we hire carle to replace Pratt/Bennett? That way we have in house replacement for bednar.
Carle will be in head coaching interviews this summer, where he's a longshot to get a job, but not impossible (IMO someone should just take the risk and hire him). After next season, somebody will be hiring him for a head job. It would be a massive career mistake to step into a NHL assistant coach job. Many of those guys just peak out there and never get head jobs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

In case someone doesn't know the real story:

He was 17 and his gf was 18. Technically he was a minor and she was an adult (legally it's important that it wasn't the other way around).

He took a picture of her giving him a BJ. On the picture you could see the top of her head and one shoulder strap from her bra. That's it. Not her face, not his dick and she wasn't naked.

Then he used the pic to "show proof" to some friends that he got a BJ. Someone recognized her and told her. She didn't take it well (I obviously don't blame her for that).

Then all hell break loose, he's basically forced to say that he shouldn't be drafted, he has to go to multiple therapies to save his career in the public eye (most people didn't get the full story) and has to meet the league multiple times to have the right to play.

Stuff so much worse than this happen all the time and that's who they picked to make an example of.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014

He was 17 and his gf was 18. Technically he was a minor and she was an adult (legally it's important that it wasn't the other way around).

He took a picture of her giving him a BJ. On the picture you could see the top of her head and one shoulder strap from her bra. That's it. Not her face, not his dick and she wasn't naked.

Then he used the pic to "show proof" to some friends that he got a BJ. Someone recognized her and told her. She didn't take it well (I obviously don't blame her for that).

Then all hell break loose, he's basically forced to say that he shouldn't be drafted, he has to go to multiple therapies to save his career in the public eye (most people didn't get the full story) and has to meet the league multiple times to have the right to play.

Stuff so much worse than this happen all the time and that's who they picked to make an example of.
I liked sports more when real men watched them and men just cared about the f***ing game. Don't care what he did off the ice.

Would love to have public knowledge of what these douchebag fans that care about this shit had done as a teenager so we can hold them to the same standard this kid is held to. f***ing hypocrites, every one of them.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

this is how you summon pokecheque and burn up the next 9 pages of this thread thanks

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Ah yes. Taking a picture of someone performing a sexual act without consent and then sending it to others without consent. Totally unproblematic and definitely legal.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Ah yes. Taking a picture of someone performing a sexual act without consent and then sending it to others without consent. Totally unproblematic and definitely legal.
Yep, the fact that it could have been a lot worse doesn't automatically make it OK.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yep, the fact that it could have been a lot worse doesn't automatically make it OK.
Of course not, but we both agree that we know plenty of "normal" adults now that have done worse than that when they were 17.

That doesn't mean it's right or it's fine because it isn't and that girl didn't deserve that...but if you're going to pick someone from the crowd to make an example of there are other people who deserved it far more than Logan Mailloux.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Of course not, but we both agree that we know plenty of "normal" adults now that have done worse than that when they were 17.

That doesn't mean it's right or it's fine because it isn't and that girl didn't deserve that...but if you're going to pick someone from the crowd to make an example of there are other people who deserved it far more than Logan Mailloux.
He did a super shorty and illegal thing? He’s not being made an example of he’s facing the repercussions of his actions.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He did a super shorty and illegal thing? He’s not being made an example of he’s facing the repercussions of his actions.

You're entitled to your opinion about what he did as long as you really know what he did.

If what he did upsets you to the point that you believe that he deserved all that then it's fine with me.

9WXAjvJ.png

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You're entitled to your opinion about what he did as long as you really know what he did.

If what he did upsets you to the point that you believe that he deserved all that then it's fine with me.

9WXAjvJ.png
Taking a picture/video of a sexual act without consent is illegal straight up. I didn’t know you could identify her, but I mean that’s still essentially an illegal act he did.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Taking a picture/video of a sexual act without consent is illegal straight up. I didn’t know you could identify her, but I mean that’s still essentially an illegal act he did.
In a lot of areas, it surprisingly isn't. It absolutely should be.

This is admittedly a whataboutism... if our society's collective bar is sharing pictures of that sort, so much of the NHL is in a lot of trouble. There is far, far worse playing in the NHL today. This is also why teams go to extreme lengths to keep any potential issue as quiet as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad