Around the League - 2023/24

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
SLC is not what it was 20 years ago religion and politics wise (though I’m personally still not the biggest fan).
Honestly I don't even know why people keep bringing up religion.

It's not like they will try to convert the players or force a prayer before the games. It will have 0 impact on the actual product. People in the stands can believe in any supernatural being they want, just like all the other arenas.

Now if they cannot play on Sundays or other bullshit like that it's another story.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think it's kind of ludicrous that the NHL would want to keep Meruelo in the fold for a potential (likely) future expansion. He's been a rank embarrassment to the league as an owner. The whole reason they lost the Gila River deal was because he couldn't afford to pay the rent for the building on time. And apparently he had to be shamed into paying his hotel bills recently, too. He's either too broke to own a team or too incompetent. Neither is good for business. I just can't believe he could get another shot after he's run a team into the ground there despite Bettman degrading himself for two decades to keep then afloat.

I understand that the league needed to get the deal done fast and Meruelo had leverage, but surely there's a way the NHL can force the sale of a team without making a bunch of legally binding promises to a proven flake.
You are leaving out being a crook.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
You might be right but 70 goals is utterly insane. I think he'd overtake McJesus if/when he gets there at the very least.
I agree on the 70 goals being insane, it’s more impressive to me than 100 assists although both are very special achievements. I know stats show more 70 goal achievements than 100 assists but I just don’t care. Goals are the most important stat in hockey and the entire object of the game at its roots. Hats off to Matthews and what he’s done this season, not sure if it’s hart worthy this year but that’s solely due to the special seasons that multiple players are having.

Reactions: missionAvs

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly I don't even know why people keep bringing up religion.

It's not like they will try to convert the players or force a prayer before the games. It will have 0 impact on the actual product. People in the stands can believe in any supernatural being they want, just like all the other arenas.

Now if they cannot play on Sundays or other bullshit like that it's another story.
Don't the Utah Jazz never play games on Sundays?

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I agree on the 70 goals being insane, it’s more impressive to me than 100 assists although both are very special achievements. I know stats show more 70 goal achievements than 100 assists but I just don’t care. Goals are the most important stat in hockey and the entire object of the game at its roots. Hats off to Matthews and what he’s done this season, not sure if it’s hart worthy this year but that’s solely due to the special seasons that multiple players are having.

It would be more impressive if MacKinnon didn’t have 50+, to go along with what else he’s done.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
And convince them to open everywhere in Canada, not just the Toronto area.
Finally went to one on the way back from Seattle a couple years ago, for all the hype I expected it to be A LOT better than it was. It was fine-good but if it had been more than slightly out of the way I would’ve been annoyed

Edit: For my hottest of hot takes - Korean fried chicken only or don’t waste my time

Reactions: Nihiliste

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What, you a Popeyes man?
1000032880.gif

Reactions: MaKarter

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
Same thing I wonder about In and Out burger. Not sure what the deal is but every In and Out place here in LA has long ass drive through lines.

In n Out has a decent burger, but their fries are a joke. I get they're cutting there in store and I love fresh fries, but man, it's literally tastes like card board.

Serious question… why do people like Chick fil a so much?

I like Chik Fil A cause it's the only fast food joint I don't wonder if the dude in the back just hocked up my burger/sandwich.

Reactions: the_fan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Same thing I wonder about In and Out burger. Not sure what the deal is but every In and Out place here in LA has long ass drive through lines.
In and out is a good fast food burger… but shake shack just next level. Both can’t figure out fries all that well. Animal style fries are better than anything shake shack offers… still not amazing.

Del Taco is a very surprisingly good burger btw. A bacon double del with chili cheese fries and a taco is near unbeatable.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad