Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
They should be forced to play tunes from 1967 when the leafs score:

"I'm a Believer" the Monkees

"Light my Fire" the Doors

"Respect" Aretha Franklin
This one as well, for the respectful handshake at the end of every one of their series.

1711306907114.png

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Watching the AVS Pens game Crosby looks like peak Crosby playing against his buddy MacK , totally schooling him , Crosby has 4 points 2nd period

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Sean Walker + Anthony Duclair would've been a much better deadline compared to what we got in Henrique + Carrick.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers just finished a B2B on the weekend and have STILL played the least amount of games in league at 69. We're not even tied with anybody. Every team in the league has more games completed, We're getting shafted with a pile of games to end the season, the worse time for a club to get tired and fatigued. Thanks NHL, you jobbed us with this all season. I guess at least the margin has gone from 6 GP differentials to 3 being that the most games played is 72, but a lot of teams have already played 72.

Reactions: TB12 and Valhallis

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers just finished a B2B on the weekend and have STILL played the least amount of games in league at 69. We're not even tied with anybody. Every team in the league has more games completed, We're getting shafted with a pile of games to end the season, the worse time for a club to get tired and fatigued. Thanks NHL, you jobbed us with this all season. I guess at least the margin has gone from 6 GP differentials to 3 being that the most games played is 72, but a lot of teams have already played 72.
Three back to backs in the last 3 weeks of the season with one of those being our last 2 games. I wouldn't doubt if we play the first night of the playoffs as well.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I come in peace.

I have followed the Oilers much closer than normal this year as they are really the only legitimate threat in the Pacific this year... though Vegas obviously coild be too if they get their shit together (im so hoping they end up missing after all their cap bs). I'm terrified of McDavid and also Draisaitl. McDavid is the best player I've ever seen play. Frightening.

Anyways in following I just wanted to say that it must be so frustrating seeing the goalies and D and bottom 6 that Holland gives McDrai and Hyman to work with. Also I know very little about the new coach but it seems he doesn't employ much of a defensive system? It's a lot to ask of a couple forwards to bail everyone out offensively every game. And yet some how McDavid is able to do it more often than not.

I still think the Oilers could Beat the Canucks in a series but I think it'd be interesting cuz it seems like you never know which team is gonna show up on either side.

Anyways just a random musing cuz I have followed the Oilers more than any team other than the Canucks. You gotta wonder how long Hollands leash is though? Is ownership happy with him as long as they make the playoffs?

This happened to the Canucks in Feb and it ended up costing points and leading to injuries.

I don't understand how the league has such a hard time scheduling every year. They really need to eliminate the ASG and just have all the teams play a consistent schedule all year.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
The good news is you have Anaheim, 2 games against Arizona and 1 against the Flames who are dead in the water. I guess it could be worse and we could all be Flames fans where it seems like one big mass exodus the last few seasons lol.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The condensed schedule at the end isn't what is causing issues for us. It's the horrible start we had to the season, when the games were spaced out and competition was milder. If we would have taken advantage of that, we would be cruising right now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They should be forced to play tunes from 1967 when the leafs score:

"I'm a Believer" the Monkees

"Light my Fire" the Doors

"Respect" Aretha Franklin
That’s still 100% better than most of the garbage put out today. Autotune isn’t music. It’s a sound effect.

Boston propped up by a league’s best (or is it worst?) 15 loser points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad