GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 4: Stretch Drive Edition

Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
actually we are 2 points up and have 3 games in hand on them. And I would say the run we had was much crazier to rise from the ashes lol
We werent up 2 points when I made that post..
Obviously Oilers run was insane but if you consider the expectations on the teams, I think Nashvilles is right up there with it.
Oilers was expected to be a cup contender, lots of people had them winning the cup before the season.
Meanwhile Nashville, noone would have been shocked if they missed the playoffs, and until a couple weeks ago it looked like they would, then they got denied a trip to go see U2 and since then theyve been the best team in the league randomly, points wise atleast. Its pretty wild.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Bedard is such a little wiener. Hooks opponent with stick, so obvious his stick was caught in opponent, and he's bitching and yelling about the call for a minute. Man give him a double. Ducks score and 3-0 against the Black and Blue losers.
LMAO, I see that you have Bedard in your scope...young buck is gonna take years of thrashing from you...hehe

• Haha
Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Obviously Oilers run was insane but if you consider the expectations on the teams, I think Nashvilles is right up there with it.
Oilers was expected to be a cup contender, lots of people had them winning the cup before the season.
Meanwhile Nashville, noone would have been shocked if they missed the playoffs, and until a couple weeks ago it looked like they would, then they got denied a trip to go see U2 and since then theyve been the best team in the league randomly, points wise atleast. Its pretty wild.

14-0-2 since Brunette took away Bono :laugh:

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Go to the nashville board lol nobody cares about nashville here. And seriously the fact oilers were so far behind and the pressure that was on then makes their run way more impressive. Like who gets up for a nashville team lol oilers get teams A game because everyone wants to beat mcdavid and drai. So the fact the oilers had all this pressure on them to do well but came out horrible and had to jump 7 teams with 7 or more points ahead of them makes their run twice as impressive.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Bedard is such a little wiener. Hooks opponent with stick, so obvious his stick was caught in opponent, and he's bitching and yelling about the call for a minute. Man give him a double. Ducks score and 3-0 against the Black and Blue losers.
Found yet another guy to unleash your hate on, eh? Must be energy draining.

Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Go to the nashville board lol nobody cares about nashville here. And seriously the fact oilers were so far behind and the pressure that was on then makes their run way more impressive. Like who gets up for a nashville team lol oilers get teams A game because everyone wants to beat mcdavid and drai. So the fact the oilers had all this pressure on them to do well but came out horrible and had to jump 7 teams with 7 or more points ahead of them makes their run twice as impressive.
I think the Nashville streak is every bit as impressive as the one we had. The only difference is a couple OT/shootout games, where a lot of good fortune comes into it. Add to the fact that they don't have a couple superstars to lean on, and it's even more impressive. Doesn't matter when it started or where they were when it started. Shutting out a great team like Florida las night, using their backup goalie was a really nice cherry on top to cap it, and there may be more to come.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Pettersson and Hughes are baby shit soft. They're going to get exposed in the playoffs against Nashville, Vegas or LA.

McDavid and Leon get targeted in the playoffs, but they have the size, drive and tenacity to fight through it.

Those two simply do not in any sense of the word. Actually I should correct that - Pettersson has the size to fight through it, but is far too big of a p***y for that to be relevant.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
McDavid and Leon get targeted in the playoffs, but they have the size, drive and tenacity to fight through it.

Those two simply do not in any sense of the word. Actually I should correct that - Pettersson has the size to fight through it, but is far too big of a p***y for that to be relevant.
Same with little Mitchie in Toronna. Especially if they play the Bruins in the first round, and Marchand threatens to beat him up.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
You
I think the Nashville streak is every bit as impressive as the one we had. The only difference is a couple OT/shootout games, where a lot of good fortune comes into it. Add to the fact that they don't have a couple superstars to lean on, and it's even more impressive. Doesn't matter when it started or where they were when it started. Shutting out a great team like Florida las night, using their backup goalie was a really nice cherry on top to cap it, and there may be more to come.uouyr

I think the Nashville streak is every bit as impressive as the one we had. The only difference is a couple OT/shootout games, where a lot of good fortune comes into it. Add to the fact that they don't have a couple superstars to lean on, and it's even more impressive. Doesn't matter when it started or where they were when it started. Shutting out a great team like Florida las night, using their backup goalie was a really nice cherry on top to cap it, and there may be more to come.
No you're wrong. Florida is slumping lately and not playing well and nobody gets up for Nashville. It is not even close to be as impressive as ours because everyone's was gunning to stop oilers streak. Nobody cares about Nashville's play and they snuck up on people. More to come? Lol.lol okay whatever you say. Oh and oilers won 16 in a row and 8 in a row. Nashville lost to Montreal and Minnesota in their last 8 games. But just one thing puts your Nashville argument to bed. Nashville had no pressure. Oilers had huge pressure to get on a huge winning streak because of their horrible start. Ask anyone who has ever played competitive sport, much easier to play when not much is expected. Oilers streak is 10 times more impressive

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You

No you're wrong. Florida is slumping lately and not playing well and nobody gets up for Nashville. It is not even close to be as impressive as ours because everyone's was gunning to stop oilers streak. Nobody cares about Nashville's play and they snuck up on people. More to come? Lol.lol okay whatever you say. Oh and oilers won 16 in a row and 8 in a row. Nashville lost to Montreal and Minnesota in their last 8 games. But just one thing puts your Nashville argument to bed. Nashville had no pressure. Oilers had huge pressure to get on a huge winning streak because of their horrible start. Ask anyone who has ever played competitive sport, much easier to play when not much is expected. Oilers streak is 10 times more impressive
1711151215062.png

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad