GDT: Around the League 2023-24 I : "Wake Up. September Has Ended!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lafferty scores his 7th. But noooooo we need Desharnais more than an actual 3rd / 4th line C who can score on top of skating fast, play defence and pk.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
8.5M per year, .5ppg, worst +/- on the team, invisible too often. I watch him fairly closely as he's on my fantasy team. Hasn't come remotely close to expectations.
Wasn't talking about the money. Thats too much. He should be around Evander Kane money. But still in LA they figure he's the Kopitar replacement down the road and its fair to say at age 25 we haven't seen the best of the player right? Just didnt' understand the bust comment.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Never understood the hype either. Not the guy I think of when I think of a team player. On pace for 40 points, overpaid by around 4-5M.
Again he's playing third line almost exclusively. What kind of points do you think he should be getting with Grundstrom and Trevor Lewis and guys like that? Dubois is being allowed to settle into the LA lineup. Right now he's not close to being expected to be the guy. But a few years from now It'll be him and Byfield and Kempe driving the train. Somewhat impressive LA is even got the future solved before Kopitar retires.

When its considered that Dubois is the 1C going forward after Kopitar it explains some of the pay. He'll be used a lot more in more central role on down the contract. Having Dubois on third line allows the Kings to load up in topsix and also role lines all night every game. This is a guy that can essentially play with two wingers on league minimums and eat minutes if you want.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lafferty scores his 7th. But noooooo we need Desharnais more than an actual 3rd / 4th line C who can score on top of skating fast, play defence and pk.
I know you don't like Broberg but the coaches insisting on using Desharnais and keeping him not only negates that, but its resulted in the Broberg situation.

Thats a key problem for an org to have and only a stupid org blows their first round pick going off the table to take a D like this and then decide not to use him. Its a complete botch. The team has essentially again completely wasted a first pick and where far better players were available.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Again he's playing third line almost exclusively. What kind of points do you think he should be getting with Grundstrom and Trevor Lewis and guys like that? Dubois is being allowed to settle into the LA lineup. Right now he's not close to being expected to be the guy. But a few years from now It'll be him and Byfield and Kempe driving the train. Somewhat impressive LA is even got the future solved before Kopitar retires.

When its considered that Dubois is the 1C going forward after Kopitar it explains some of the pay. He'll be used a lot more in more central role on down the contract. Having Dubois on third line allows the Kings to load up in topsix and also role lines all night every game. This is a guy that can essentially play with two wingers on league minimums and eat minutes if you want.
Or he's on he third line because he's contributing so little, Zero chance LA is paying him 8.5M with the expectation that he would be their third line C. I'm sure the goal was for Danault to slide down to 3C and work on a shutdown line. He's shown nothing to indicate he can handle a #1 role, and he's coming into his prime years. Never liked the player, too many I don't give a shit nights from him. He's lucky LA has a stacked team that is carrying him. But I'm glad I mentioned him tonight, it was a good time to refresh my fantasy roster, replaced him with Raymond, so I fully expect Dubois to go on a tear now.

Reactions: K1984

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I know you don't like Broberg but the coaches insisting on using Desharnais and keeping him not only negates that, but its resulted in the Broberg situation.

Thats a key problem for an org to have and only a stupid org blows their first round pick going off the table to take a D like this and then decide not to use him. Its a complete botch. The team has essentially again completely wasted a first pick and where far better players were available.

I’ve never not liked or disliked Broberg but he has been mishandled so bad that he’s on the bust side. That said the guy I wanted was Caufield.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Holy Christ....Roberts is going to have a stroke and I think he had too much thc tonight
I just heard him lol. A while ago he was all calm and he was talking like he knew they sucked and have to rebuild

Last night he was acting like they lost a playoff round lol. I think he's buzzed half of the time not sure lol

The other thing that surprised me. The second caller after him, "Anan" or something. Indian person. I would have bet my life savings that it was a woman calling in all of this time, but it's a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad