GDT: Around the League 2023-24 I : "Wake Up. September Has Ended!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
After a boring cup finale (which saw cap circumvention rule the playoffs again), a boring draft (no picks), a boring free agency (no cap space), the eve of a new season is finally upon us!!!!

This means one thing: hordes and hordes of box elder bugs now clinging to doorways, sides of houses and window panes. Disgusting little creatures with no known predators so they just take over until the temps stat below 0.

Anyway.

Puck drop for several teams is October 10th while the Oilers open on the 11th.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Hey guys, I'm just going to leave this sphere here. Can you guys keep the screwdriver in there? I can't really explain right now, but thanks.

1679432078375336.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its a weird time this fall. On one hand its seemed like forever to get hockey season started. On the other the weather outside has been like perfect summer. The best Thanksgiving Weekend weather I remember in a long time and frankly too warm to be roasting Turkey in an oven. Its been Barbecue all the way.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Will be interesting to see if the Jets make the playoffs again after signing Schiefele and Hellebuyck. No wheeler and Dubois so might be less drama. If it makes it harder for the Flames or Canucks to make the playoffs, I don’t mind it.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Will be interesting to see if the Jets make the playoffs again after signing Schiefele and Hellebuyck. No wheeler and Dubois so might be less drama. If it makes it harder for the Flames or Canucks to make the playoffs, I don’t mind it.
They also added more depth with Vilardi and Iafallo despite losing Dubois
I could see them making it

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Its a weird time this fall. On one hand its seemed like forever to get hockey season started. On the other the weather outside has been like perfect summer. The best Thanksgiving Weekend weather I remember in a long time and frankly too warm to be roasting Turkey in an oven. Its been Barbecue all the way.
+29 today here in the Hat. It does not feel like October/the start of hockey season at all, except the early sunsets and changing leaves.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
On 32 Thoughts Friedman was talking about the Flames still pushing to sign Hanifin and Tanev which may act as incentive for Lindholm to re-sign once he sees the band is staying together if he isn't done first.

Please, if there is a god, please make this happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Well, let's see how the new kid in Bedard does against the old kid in Crosby.

It will be one of the very rare times I'll be watching a game without the Oilers in it.

Does he pull a Matthews and score 4 in his opening night since teams aren't used to his shot yet?

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad