NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season 1 - Jim Rutherford resigns as Penguins GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That North division is atrocious....

I've actually had people on Twitter try and tell me that its just the best goal scorer play in the North Division and that's why they allow so many goals :laugh:

I took at look at each divisions goalies GSAA and combined them to for each division....the North is by and far the worst.

Central: 14.04
West: 0.12
East: -3.6
North: -10.59

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I've actually had people on Twitter try and tell me that its just the best goal scorer play in the North Division and that's why they allow so many goals :laugh:

I took at look at each divisions goalies GSAA and combined them to for each division....the North is by and far the worst.

Central: 14.04
West: 0.12
East: -3.6
North: -10.59

Oh My.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Were the Blues supposed to play a doubleheader on Saturday?

They have them listed playing at 15h against Arizona and had their game against Colorado postponed at night?
Colorado's games are currently postponed. NHL has rescheduled 2 Coyotes vs Blues games from late March to this weekend, as both teams were set to play against postponed opponents.

This is something I think the league should do with the Rangers and Bruins. Both have games postponed this weekend/early next week so they are free. Move a later series up, and free up that time for make up games.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Colorado's games are currently postponed. NHL has rescheduled 2 Coyotes vs Blues games from late March to this weekend, as both teams were set to play against postponed opponents.

This is something I think the league should do with the Rangers and Bruins. Both have games postponed this weekend/early next week so they are free. Move a later series up, and free up that time for make up games.

Thanks for the information!

Reactions: UConn126

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

you do realize AZ/St. Louis are playing three sets of back to backs.

I disagree with the Rangers series being moved up from where it is currently scheduled..... you are forgetting that the Knicks share MSG;

THE Buffalo games are now separated instead of a home and home to 3/27 and 4/13

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Canucks are just awful this year. Horrible defense, Hughes has the 2nd year blues, and their young forwards are mostly totally out of form. Really haven't kicked on from their good play in the back half of last season at all. Probably one of the real surprises so far this year, along with the struggles of the Islanders.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I wouldn't call this a filthy goal. There was zero defense. I mean, nobody even near him for most of the rink. Once he got around the pylon at the end, what was left?

:dunno:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The Canadian division is a joke.Canucks & Ottawa are badddd

It really is, none of these teams can play D, wide open pond hockey. The winner of this puffcake division will be in for a rude awakening when they likely meet up with TB. For my money the Leafs will roll the Habs come playoff time, their top end talent is far superior to the Habs.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It really is, none of these teams can play D, wide open pond hockey. The winner of this puffcake division will be in for a rude awakening when they likely meet up with TB. For my money the Leafs will roll the Habs come playoff time, their top end talent is far superior to the Habs.
Habs have way better defence though. I don’t know if I agree with you. The habs might be the better team. In fact I’d rather face the leafs then the habs come playoff time.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Habs have way better defence though. I don’t know if I agree with you. The habs might be the better team. In fact I’d rather face the leafs then the habs come playoff time.

I watched the Habs today against Ottawa and I wasn't impressed at all with their D, if not for 3 goalposts and some great goaltending by Jake Allen they lose that game. Their D while big, certainly isn't that mobile and I think the Leafs speed will overwhelm them over the course of a series.

Reactions: Kegs

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Holtby looks absolutely fed up with the junk defensive coverage he's getting. I think he's seriously regretting signing with Vancouver.

Definitely looked shellshocked, as seen on the HNIC post-game, stared down his bench.

Holtby stunned after Matthews comes in alone and scores - Sportsnet.ca

image.jpg

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Wayne Simmonds playing pretty good for a guy who is cooked and can’t keep up anymore.

To be fair the competition in the northern division is really weak. This division has suddenly turned Toffoli into a Pastrnak type scorer and Petry into Paul Coffey with his point accumulation..

Reactions: Kegs

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Wayne Simmonds playing pretty good for a guy who is cooked and can’t keep up anymore.

Amazingly Spezza has turned back the clock playing in this division. Rumor has it Kase has been begging for a trade to the northern division, he figures he can easily pop 20 over the rest of this abreviated season as long as he plays for a team not called Ottawa or Vancouver.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That team had promise last year...they made too many wrong moves in the off-season

Yeah I think it's partly that, but the core of the team apart from Markstrom hasn't changed. They're just playing without confidence, a lot of bad handling of the puck, and some really sloppy structure. They built their brand on being a fast, explosive team who was happy to risk conceding now and then because they backed themselves to come right back and score when needed, and out-point most teams over the course of 60 mins. But now they look really jittery, especially whenever they go behind, and the self-belief has just gone.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Definitely looked shellshocked, as seen on the HNIC post-game, stared down his bench.

Holtby stunned after Matthews comes in alone and scores - Sportsnet.ca

image.jpg

Yep, not a happy camper. I think the Canucks should have done more to hold on to Markstrom. I don't think he's much better than Holtby, if at all, but he was used to the Nucks' porous D and was mentally comfortable with it, whereas Holtby just looks increasingly annoyed with what he's having to deal with - life is tougher when you don't have the likes of Carlson patrolling your zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad