NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season 1 - Jim Rutherford resigns as Penguins GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
cut.jpg

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
*Marks January 14th on calender*

1. Yes I am old school that way.
2. My entire known universe will come to a screeching halt at 7PM on that day. You have been warned.
My fiancee bought me a paper calendar for my classroom.

It's got our cats on it, so I love it, but I'll literally never use the thing haha.

Reactions: BMC

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Upgraded my NHL.tv package from just Bruins to all teams. Figure I'm going to drastically up my hockey consumption with no end to this pandemic in sight. Eyeing that opening night Blues-Avalanche matchup, see what Krug can do with his new team, then obviously super hyped for Thursday. Devils are a good team to break in this new, youthful d-corps against.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Why would he go to Boston. He's getting #1 PP time in St Louis. You think a guy looking for a one-year contract is just looking at money? He wants opportunity.

He could easily have had #1PP time in Boston as the 4th forward skating with our top line guys. But I agree with your main point about opportunity, because what he probably will get in St Louis is time on their 1st line, especially with Tarasenko still out injured for a much more indefinite period than Pasta (hopefully). He'll get more minutes and more chance to shine and score goals. Can't argue with that logic, even though I would really like to have seen him with the Bs on a similar short-term deal.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He could easily have had #1PP time in Boston as the 4th forward skating with our top line guys. But I agree with your main point about opportunity, because what he probably will get in St Louis is time on their 1st line, especially with Tarasenko still out injured for a much more indefinite period than Pasta (hopefully). He'll get more minutes and more chance to shine and score goals. Can't argue with that logic, even though I would really like to have seen him with the Bs on a similar short-term deal.

Zero chance he would be on PP1 in Boston. He's not a net-front guy and he's not replacing Pasta or Marchand at the top of the umbrella.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Zero chance he would be on PP1 in Boston. He's not a net-front guy and he's not replacing Pasta or Marchand at the top of the umbrella.

They moved Marchand to the net front position during the playoffs and mostly had Krejci on the opposite side of the umbrella to Pasta, which worked pretty well. No reason why Hoffman couldn't take Krejci's spot and be equally if not more effective.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They moved Marchand to the net front position during the playoffs and mostly had Krejci on the opposite side of the umbrella to Pasta, which worked pretty well. No reason why Hoffman couldn't take Krejci's spot and be equally if not more effective.

Hoffman knows it wasn't going to happen. Sorry. The Bruins aren't plopping Marchand at the front of the net all season to take a beating.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hoffman knows it wasn't going to happen. Sorry. The Bruins aren't plopping Marchand at the front of the net all season to take a beating.

I disagree but there's no point continuing this since it's purely theoretical.

One thing I can foresee potentially happening with Hoffman is him not ending the season with the Blues. Their goalie situation is incredibly precarious and especially if Tarasenko gets healthy again then Hoffman could be ideal as trade bait to bring in goalie help and give someone else a good short-term rental forward for the POs. I suspect Hoff knows this too.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Why would he go to Boston. He's getting #1 PP time in St Louis. You think a guy looking for a one-year contract is just looking at money? He wants opportunity.
with Krug gone they easily could have given him the PP minutes
Pasta Marchand
Bergy Hoff
Mac

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He would be on the right half wall with Marchand down low. But whatever it's a moot point now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad