Around The League 2021-22 season - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Roy and Hague. Too good big boys for Fitzy.
VGK aren't stupid though. They will sit on everything since their roster is set to make sure they extract some value if they can't get their RFAs to sign bargain bin bridge deals. At $2 mil per, the player probably says thanks but no thanks, but when VGK says they expect them to take a three year deal at $2.5 mil that extra million and extra year will look pretty good.

Reactions: Mgd31

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

Great article if you have ESPN+. Makes me want the Wings to be good again.
Did that show air already? I saw the trailer it looked great. That type of rivalry now with social media is exactly what the nhl needs.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
can Ruff during the holiday break and hire Trotz

I don’t blame Trotz one bit. What established coach that has the choice of teams to coach would pick the Jets right now? Rumoured that Schifele amd Wheeler want out or should be moved bcause they a two dickheads.
Then Dubois comes out and says he is going to UFA , plus Hellebuyck has aired some concerns about playing in Winnipeg ….
Why would you take over a team that has their 2 top C do—assing it and not wanting to be there ,plus a dickhead , old , declining , over-paid Wheeler that is a dictator in the dressing room , and your only good goalie probably on the way out in two years if not sooner? Oh and , you have to live in Winnipeg…..

I cannot imagine living there . Even for me , their winters are brutal and would not want to have to live there through that. Even their summers are brutal. Crazy got some times plus the mosquitoes will eat you alive …. It’s gross.

Reactions: mdj12784

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I don’t blame Trotz one bit. What established coach that has the choice of teams to coach would pick the Jets right now? Rumoured that Schifele amd Wheeler want out or should be moved bcause they a two dickheads.
Then Dubois comes out and says he is going to UFA , plus Hellebuyck has aired some concerns about playing in Winnipeg ….
Why would you take over a team that has their 2 top C do—assing it and not wanting to be there ,plus a dickhead , old , declining , over-paid Wheeler that is a dictator in the dressing room , and your only good goalie probably on the way out in two years if not sooner? Oh and , you have to live in Winnipeg…..

I cannot imagine living there . Even for me , their winters are brutal and would not want to have to live there through that. Even their summers are brutal. Crazy got some times plus the mosquitoes will eat you alive …. It’s gross.

never been to winnipeg .....but i have been to edmonton and ya.... i would never want to live there by choice

edit: just found out trotz was born in winnipeg

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

I believe Winnipeg has been described as "Where snowdrifts go to die".

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe he isn't giving the real reason for turning down the Jets, but if he is telling the truth about not wanting to jump right back into coaching, then why would he immediately turn around and coach the Devils? That would be some straight up Brent Sutter shit.
Not immediately doesn’t = not at all in several months. Considering he allegedly turned down a king’s ransom in Philly I’d take him at his word right now though.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
sunday at 1? wtf! thats just brutal time and day wtf
Correct, it makes no sense. They should've aired it at 7 on Sunday in hopes of it leading right into a game 6. Airing it 7 hours before hand is silly. ESPN just really kinda botched this entire season at every turn.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Correct, it makes no sense. They should've aired it at 7 on Sunday in hopes of it leading right into a game 7. Airing it 7 hours before hand is silly. ESPN just really kinda botched this entire season at every turn.

I went to go record it on my DVR and laughed when I saw ESPN2 has some Air Hockey championship going up against it.

I wonder if Colorado/Detroit would have been as heated without Claude there, hopefully they mention his odd departure from New Jersey in the preamble. Would be nice if they had a quick recap of the early 90's Quebec squads as well.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I went to go record it on my DVR and laughed when I saw ESPN2 has some Air Hockey championship going up against it.

I wonder if Colorado/Detroit would have been as heated without Claude there, hopefully they mention his odd departure from New Jersey in the preamble. Would be nice if they had a quick recap of the early 90's Quebec squads as well.
I can't imagine they discuss either of those things tbh.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Honestly, I've said all along I could see St. Louis wanting to keep him, as long as he doesn't price himself out.

With Binnington's shaky regular season, I would think they would want someone that's a decent bet to be fairly reliable either behind or in front of Binnington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad