Around The League 2021-22 season - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I feel like Strome is going to get a huge multi year deal from some team paying him to be their 2C.

yeah maybe…i have no idea what the market is for a guy like that. i do think any team expecting 2C production out of him will be disappointed.

Would rather see Boqvist there than Strome. He earned a look I think. At seasons end I thought he was one of our top forwards. I would love to learn in September that he had put on some pounds and some muscle.

He has more potential than McLeod I think too.

But the guy I really want gone is Johnsson. Absolutely the worst move Fitz made since becoming our GM. And I actually liked the guys spirit and compete last year and his 2 way play. But he’s taking up room that could be better filled by developing some of our depth of young talent.

Zetterlund has also earned a hard look even at being in the middle 6.

yeah i’m cool with those options too

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Would rather see Boqvist there than Strome. He earned a look I think. At seasons end I thought he was one of our top forwards. I would love to learn in September that he had put on some pounds and some muscle.

He has more potential than McLeod I think too.

But the guy I really want gone is Johnsson. Absolutely the worst move Fitz made since becoming our GM. And I actually liked the guys spirit and compete last year and his 2 way play. But he’s taking up room that could be better filled by developing some of our depth of young talent.

Zetterlund has also earned a hard look even at being in the middle 6.

I won’t kill Fitz for the Johnsson trade. Swing and a miss but it wasn’t a bad idea for what they gave up. But I do agree it’s time to move on.

Warming up to this Kaako offer sheet idea. But remember, the player has to want to sign which could be the case with how the season ended for him and if he holds a grudge.

The Mon/Car situation was unique. Aho signed the offer sheet because he had doubts the owner would spend the dough, then they got forced to match or lose arguably your best player. KK signed cause he wanted out and Car saw an opportunity for revenge.

Doubt it happens, but like ZBC said, after Bratt, no worries on the NJD end for a few years if they wanted to try.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
No thanks on Kakko, I’m not giving the rags anything they can use to improve their team, especially after what that moron Shero did

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It amuses me that people still get mad at that trade even though it was a perfectly reasonable trade.

You guys care about the Rangers way too much.
People get mad at that trade cause Grabner tanked the minute he got here while the Rangers happened to use that pick in a trade up for Miller. If they’d just picked some nonentity with that pick we’d never have heard about it again, except in a compilation of random 2nd round picks we traded.

If they’d even gotten a Pat Maroon contribution from Grabner it’d be one thing but the dude played like he never wanted to be here.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
People get mad at that trade cause Grabner tanked the minute he got here while the Rangers happened to use that pick in a trade up for Miller. If they’d just picked some nonentity with that pick we’d never have heard about it again, except in a compilation of random 2nd round picks we traded.

If they’d even gotten a Pat Maroon contribution from Grabner it’d be one thing but the dude played like he never wanted to be here.
kind of like connor chatham/brayden point

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

im convinced he was sent here as a trojan horse

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
All good...we still have Ruff

I mean us probably not even being in on him is annoying but if you're Cassidy you're likely picking the Knighs anyway. Caasidy's been the only guy I'd even want to go after rather than just waiting a year and getting someone next year instead. Ruff's "fine"

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Strome screams buyer beware to me. He couldnt figure it out in edmonton playing with mcdavid and draisaitl a few years ago. He's gonna cash in like JVR did. No thanks
I watched a lot of Rangers games this year and Strome is not a player you want to invest in long term or for any term unless he comes on a ridiculously cheap contract.

He is very soft and gets most of his points on the PP. He also didn't show much until he was stapled on a line with Panarin.

Whichever team gives him a big contract will regret it. Thankfully, the Devils have no need for his services so we don't have to worry about the mistake coming from our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad