GDT: Around the League - 2021/22 - Playoffs edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This is a disingenuous assertion Mess considering the Barrie and Toews trades were a year apart .. Toews didn't directly replace Barrie since there was a year between the two.

Sakic shrewdly took advtange of a cap-strapped Lou, and Lou opted to keep his veterans over Toews. In doing so, Lou is now searching for a steady top 4 d-man. Dobson is nice but he's a RHD. The reality is Lou sold low on Toews, who was a steady top 4 d-man on the Isles because of the cap mess he created.

Wish the Leafs could have been in on that trade but at the time their left side was Rielly-Muzzin-Dermott-Sandin .. already a growing logjam. Fitting Toews in would have been tough.
It shouldn't be tough to fit on good players. Recognizing the potential in the player is the tough part. Sakic saw what others didn't or maybe he just got lucky there, it happens.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
Colorado traded 2 X 2nds for 26 year old Devon Toews and won the Stanley Cup.

Leafs traded 2 X 2nds for 38 year old Mark Giordano and lost in round #1.
so you are saying Lou Lam was horrible negotiator?

finally we agree on something, mess :naughty: :naughty:

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
I always thought hockey was a team game.

I learned something new I guess. :sarcasm:
The top guy must lead by example,Mathew’s has done this as yet.
Where the playoffs are concerned.Disappearing act.

You mean like Darren Helm or Nick Paul scoring series winning goals for the cup finalists?
No. Someone to inspire their teammates to be better.;)

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
LOL just seeing this :laugh:

They absolutely nailed it.

This is a disingenuous assertion Mess considering the Barrie and Toews trades were a year apart .. Toews didn't directly replace Barrie since there was a year between the two.

Sakic shrewdly took advtange of a cap-strapped Lou, and Lou opted to keep his veterans over Toews. In doing so, Lou is now searching for a steady top 4 d-man. Dobson is nice but he's a RHD. The reality is Lou sold low on Toews, who was a steady top 4 d-man on the Isles because of the cap mess he created.

Wish the Leafs could have been in on that trade but at the time their left side was Rielly-Muzzin-Dermott-Sandin .. already a growing logjam. Fitting Toews in would have been tough.
I would've had Toews over Muzzin, Dermott, Sanidn and maybe Rielly

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The top guy must lead by example,Mathew’s has done this as yet.
Where the playoffs are concerned.Disappearing act.

No. Someone to inspire their teammates to be better.;)

Why don’t we just get better teammates? It was a photo finish with Tampa anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad