Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah I know there's a connection there and it stands to reason they would be interested in Patrick in general.

With Glass slipping into bust territory himself I definitely see why they'd do it. Take a chance on your guy, I'm definitely curious where this makes them stand with Eichel, though. Doubt they brought in Patrick to not give him a legit shot and doubt Buffalo would covet Patrick more.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I would guess so. McCan has 3 dissapointing playoff performances for the Pens. So of course Toronto will trade for him
I think its interesting how Burke never stays with one team that long and always moves on. Vancouver, Anaheim, Toronto, Calgary, Pittsburgh.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think its interesting how Burke never stays with one team that long and always moves on. Vancouver, Anaheim, Toronto, Calgary, Pittsburgh.
He got ton of respect after Anaheim stint obviously. He was perceived to be good to make a contender right away but even that is a bit questionable now. He was never good to build a longterm good team like Bob has been damn good at.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He got ton of respect after Anaheim stint obviously. He was perceived to be good to make a contender right away but even that is a bit questionable now. He was never good to build a longterm good team like Bob has been damn good at.
His trade for the Sedins picks was cool though. That set Vancouver up for a long time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
His trade for the Sedins picks was cool though. That set Vancouver up for a long time.
True, I had forgotten about that.

Toronto and Calgary stints have been weak for him, plus everything that happened after our cup. So "lately" he has not been that great to me. But with Crosby and Malkin at their age he is a good guy to have in their org I guess

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Burke was excellent in Vancouver, was awesome here, sucked in Toronto and was decent in Calgary. He's a finisher though and not someone who I would want building a team from scratch.
And he helped the Ducks get Rakell and Gibson by having Toronto trade up.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why on earth does the main forum think Price will get picked lmao ?
That has less than a 0% chance of happening.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Why on earth does the main forum think Price will get picked lmao ?
That has less than a 0% chance of happening.
I still think it doesn't happen in the end, but Lavoie reported that sources have told him that it's tough to justify not picking the only franchise player available. also the fact that he played junior in Washington and is from the general region could play into it as well. Lebrun also reported that there's a better chance of it than he originally thought. should be an interesting week.

Carey Price sur son départ ? - TVA Sports

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I think there’s a chance he could be taken. Starting your franchise off with a star goalie seems pretty enticing to me. Also being unprotected means it’s going to be a possibility until the time comes.

But a 10.5m cap hit is huge. That's an 8th of your roster for one player. I think they'll do it with subban because they can weaponize his star power and willingness for publicity. Sorta like what MAF did for Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad