GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Flames fans should be like this right now:

AlienatedAnimatedGordonsetter-max-1mb.gif

Ottawa has been playing better, ever since their away games in Edmonton.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Montreal really doesn't have any high end talent. I think they are going to taper off pretty hard here relying on a team that lacks talent who had a hot start.
Yep - their offseason was praised by many but their holes are pretty obvious and there's only so much you can do with hard work. Most of their guys were pacing for career years but they're coming back down to Earth now.

Edmonton and Toronto have been the best teams in the Canadian division as of late. 3, 4 & 5 being Winnipeg, Montreal, and Calgary respectively, with Ottawa/Vancouver at the bottom. Although Ottawa has definitely started looking a lot better as of late as well. Amazing what even average goaltending can do.

Also for some reason Brady Tkachuk has always reminded me of Pulju lol. They kind of have a similar (ish) build and face.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Ah well. One point is better than 2 for Mtl.

What I like is Ottawa is trending up just in time for a 4 game series vs the Flames later this week. :naughty:

Sens deserved it
too bad the Habs got a point

Silver lining in this: A Montreal point puts them 4 ahead of Calgary and Ottawa winning gets them within 6. Ottawa is closer to Calgary in points than Calgary is to us.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yep - their offseason was praised by many but their holes are pretty obvious and there's only so much you can do with hard work. Most of their guys were pacing for career years but they're coming back down to Earth now.

Edmonton and Toronto have been the best teams in the Canadian division as of late. 3, 4 & 5 being Winnipeg, Montreal, and Calgary respectively, with Ottawa/Vancouver at the bottom. Although Ottawa has definitely started looking a lot better as of late as well. Amazing what even average goaltending can do.
Yup, totally agree. Imo its Toronto, Edmonton, and Winnipeg (once PLD gets in and finds his spot) as the clear cut top 3, and then 4th place is up for grabs depending on how hard Montreal falls. Luckily for them the Flames and Canucks are just down right awful, and Ottawa is far too young and raw to push for the spot that they might just get it by default.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Sens are going to curb stomp that confused, cement boots of a roster they have on the Lames.

All the dysfunctional toxicity of that lockeroom isn’t a good formula for success.

Reactions: oilers'72

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The good brother scored
Haha too true. I actually don't have any hatred for Brady like some do on here after the scrum with Kassian. Lets be honest Kassian is hilarious and we love him, but he's kind of a doofus himself sometimes lol. Matthew on the other hand is a true scum bag rat who deserves to live in the sewers of Calgary at his 9mil qualifying offer for the remainder of his career.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Yup, totally agree. Imo its Toronto, Edmonton, and Winnipeg (once PLD gets in and finds his spot) as the clear cut top 3, and then 4th place is up for grabs depending on how hard Montreal falls. Luckily for them the Flames and Canucks are just down right awful, and Ottawa is far too young and raw to push for the spot that they might just get it by default.
PLD may help, but his addition is kind of more of what they already have, which is offensive firepower and grit. Their black hole is on defense whereas ours is (was) in net.

If Koskinen and Smith can keep up their recent stretch I think we can contend with first place. It'll come down to our games versus the Leafs (although if we continue to split that then it'll come down to our record against everyone else).

Reactions: oilers'72

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Well the Habs won against the Sens so it doesn't count.

Oh wait, you're saying they lost? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad