Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If Palmieri and Zajac can return a first what could Carter and Brown get? Wonder if the Kings would consider offers.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gonna be really weird seeing Zajac in a different jersey after so long. Truly underrated player, really would have shone in a 2C role on another contender after that Devils run

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If Palmieri and Zajac can return a first what could Carter and Brown get? Wonder if the Kings would consider offers.

Palmieri/Zajac being impending UFAs might have helped their value. The Islanders could temporarily squeeze them because of the Lee injury, but they wouldn't have been able to do that with Carter/Brown.

With a flat cap, it's going to be tough to find teams who could fit in Carter/Brown without major retention.

Reactions: Schmooley

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Gonna be really weird seeing Zajac in a different jersey after so long. Truly underrated player, really would have shone in a 2C role on another contender after that Devils run

Agree, he's been a devil forever, 2004? And should be easier for him, to be a good supporting player. Good solider, bleeds hard for the team, leaves it all on the ice. That won't change, which will help the Isles bottom 6. Papa Lou is familar with both and unlike Boston, was willing to give up a 1st. It's a good trade for both teams but I think will benefit the Isles. That team has everything you need for a deep run, except scoring. Palmieri is not only a good producer in all situations but he's also pretty good defensively. And he's on a better team, more skill, etc.

Hall? I wonder if the Sabres are willing to take a bad contract to get a better deal? That might tip the scales.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Palmieri was having a tough season but him and Hughes just had zero chemistry at even strength. Palmieri produced fine with Hischier at center. Oddly the new coaching staff had been using Palmieri in front of the net on the PP while putting Zacha as the triggerman on the halfwall which was previously Palmieri's role.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Nice return for Chicago for taking Connolly's contract. Stillman is a good young defenseman. Nothing flashy but can play a solid defensive game.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I like the deal from a Florida perspective, new GM frees up 3.5 mil in budget space for the next couple of seasons. Borgstrom is teetering on "former first round prospect, some decent upside" and "former first round prospect, might clear waivers in the near future." Florida signed undrafted free agent D Matt Kiersted last week and he's already taking a regular shift, so that might have made Stillman expendable.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Watching FLyers/Isles. DIdn't recognize Palmieri, who is without his signature long beard Papa Lou's rules, no facial hair. He looked out of place...

7 minutes in, Flyers down 2=0 and Morin just got a 5 minute major. Isles on the PP...this should be fun.

Last edited:

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
I like the deal from a Florida perspective, new GM frees up 3.5 mil in budget space for the next couple of seasons. Borgstrom is teetering on "former first round prospect, some decent upside" and "former first round prospect, might clear waivers in the near future." Florida signed undrafted free agent D Matt Kiersted last week and he's already taking a regular shift, so that might have made Stillman expendable.

Blackhawks also got better. Kings could have used what they acquired. Blake's no Bowman.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Blackhawks also got better. Kings could have used what they acquired. Blake's no Bowman.

I don't mind Connolly, but he's pricey at 3.5 million and everybody passed on him on waivers a few weeks back. I'd rather have that cap space at the cost of Borgstrom. Kings already having problems fitting a guy like Lias Andersson, Borgstrom basically in the same boat. With Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, and others on the horizon, the forward spots will be spoken for pretty soon.

Reactions: Schrute farms

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Amadio debuted for the Sens tonight. Played 18+ minutes and won 57% of his draws! All zero stat line in a 3-1 loss.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad