Around The League 2020-21 off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
"New Joisey....Da Swamp..hurr hurr....."

That's always been the attitude of many a Free Agent that's never even been to NJ but instead listen to the morons mocking it. :whatever:

Instead they want to go play at the World's Most Famous Toilet Bowl.

Honestly, I'm fine with that. Guys that want to play in NY often care about everything except the team. Nobody says they'll take less to go to the Rangers. Typically they are there for the nightlife and money and glitz and where the girlfriend wants to live in a high rise condo and the J. Crew samples sale. At least for NJ you know guys are actually interested in the team.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Honestly, I'd probably take "the swamp" over Newark if I were a UFA. I don't think either sounds particularly appealing to people who don' t know.

I mean, honestly, what is there between Newark Airport and Prudential that would entice any UFA to come here? It's not a fair evaluation of what NJ has to offer outside of Newark, but it's what a person sees first. NYC has a more active environment and the seeming allure of playing in MSG. We have ....... Hobbys Deli? Where you can have a sandwich named after you? Not the greatest comparison but if one is being honest, the Devils have to establish a consistent winning culture to make a difference in attracting UFAs. The non-hockey environment won't do it.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Islanders looking to shed salary and sign a goal score, should we have some interest in Boychuk. $6 mil is high, but only 2 seasons remaining. He small, but always liked his game.

Isn't he pretty much done? He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs right? He also shoots right. Can't get on board.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Boychuk only makes sense from the money owed portion. Nick Leddy makes more sense from an on-ice perspective but he's owed $13.5 Million compared to Boychuk's ~$5 Million.

Reactions: Forge

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just FYI...

GAR for RFAs that weren't tendered qualifying offers:

GAR.png

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
well if anderson/edmundson don't perform to their contracts/habs underperform, Bergevin won't be the GM who has to clean it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad