Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
**** that, I want the Canucks 2nd rounder to be as good as possible. Here's hoping they crap the bed the rest of the way.

They certainly are not out of the woods in the Pacific, gonna go down to the wire there.

Also, Nashville and Winnipeg are only 4 points behind them in the WC standings. I would love if they missed the playoffs all together.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

could be PK will be changing zip codes again or Palmieri Bruins were in on Toffoli and can't afford Kreider.

PK's cap hit will be tough to move. Wouldn't make a ton of sense to eat half of his cap just to try to recoup the assets we gave up for him. I didn't think they'd trade Coleman, so now I wouldn't be shocked if they dealt Palmieri but I think they'd need to be floored.

Also Pagnotta's been hit and miss in the past, so we're kinda postulating that his tweet was from right after Elliotte Friedman accidentally retweeted a fake Devils Twitter account about Palmieri being scratched tonight. So Pagnotta could have been piggybacking that, and/or saying the Devils are close to a trade isn't exactly going out on a limb for the next few days.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Montreal loses again to Detroit. Pretty sure they have lost each meeting to them this year.

That’s downright embarrassing.

I'm willing to bet Marc Bergevin is gone after this year. Or perhaps even sooner. Has he done anything since his hiring. Can't remember.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I know it sucks to talk about but 25 goals in 58 games as a 24 year old rookie, this is a tough tough pill to swallow because this is a player that is young enough where he will still be impactful when they contend again. Every team in the league has made mistakes like this, so it's just important that the Kings learn from it.

But I guess I can no longer say Dean Lombardi didn't draft a Top 6 forward at all in his final years in LA.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I know it sucks to talk about but 25 goals in 58 games as a 24 year old rookie, this is a tough tough pill to swallow because this is a player that is young enough where he will still be impactful when they contend again. Every team in the league has made mistakes like this, so it's just important that the Kings learn from it.

But I guess I can no longer say Dean Lombardi didn't draft a Top 6 forward at all in his final years in LA.

We don’t know if it was a mistake, do we? If Blake tried to sign him and he didn’t want to play here then not much can be done.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

and Tanner Pearson is grateful for your acknowlegement :naughty: :)

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I'm willing to bet Marc Bergevin is gone after this year. Or perhaps even sooner. Has he done anything since his hiring. Can't remember.

He did fare well on the Pacioretty trade netting Suzuki, Tatar and a 2nd round pick that they traded to LA at the draft which turned out to be Fagemo.

Reactions: ru4reals

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
We don’t know if it was a mistake, do we? If Blake tried to sign him and he didn’t want to play here then not much can be done.

I think he wanted assurances he wouldn’t be in the minors, and I get it that is something teams don’t often do, especially for late round picks playing in second tier European leagues. But obviously in hindsight they probably didn’t evaluate his potential correctly. I think if it were right now with how horrific the roster is they would have. But Lombardi and Blake both believed in those rosters and didn’t want to commit a spot to an unproven player.

I’m just ready to have the Kings catch a break, they caught some during the cup years but lately it’s been a whole lot of run bad.

2017 first missed basically 2 years, 2018 they fluke and miss out on getting an elite prospect now the guy they got tears an ACL, 2019 they fall 3 spots in lottery and 1st has very underwhelming D+1 season.

Hopefully Kaliyev brings some run-good balance to the force, or they win the lottery this year. They are due for some luck.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Never thought I would have been rooting for a Nucks win but I was really pulling for Toffoli to convert his shootout attempt. Sucks that he flopped =/

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Toffoli had a chance to win the game tonight in the shootout... fans got on their feet and applauded... and... just showed why we never really had him shoot in the shootout here in LA. Eek.

Reactions: YP44

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
A great hockey moment that has always fascinated me. I was much too young to remember, but I just love hearing the stories shared by those involved right from the players to the guys like Al Michaels and Ken Dryden calling the game.

If there was a hot tub time machine, I'd love to go back to that day.

Cool read..

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
It was one of my first sports memories - that and the Dodgers Yankees Series and Reggie Jackson's 3 homeruns. Definitely my first hockey memory. Part of the reason I love the sport...and hate the Yankees.

Reactions: Herby

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Exactly. there are some who seem to think the Kings just moved him to clear space and get a pick. Blake tried to sign him, he wouldn't and didn't want to play in LA. If i had to guess, he wanted a one way deal [sounds familiar doesn't it? ] and the Kings said no. This has happened in other orgs too. Kevin Hayes was a Blackhawk and wouldn't sign, they traded him to the NYR .

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

The guy was a super longshot being drafted in the 7th round in 2013, so I'm not sure if I'd consider it a mistake . Not many 7th rounders have made impacts in the nhl, especially 7 years past their draft.

Reactions: TruKingFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad