Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The linesman mishandled the Kane situation, although I feel like:
A) Kane accidentally slashed him. Even if it's an accident, you have to be careful with your stick
B) We don't know what was said/done on the ice where the linesman may have been trying to be proactive in stopping it from escalating. It looks more like a loss of balance than a full blown tackle to me. It was still mishandled, but given that I've never seen a linesman do that before, I would like to get more context, first.

Kane hasn't done much to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Here's the full list of waived players today, which includes three players.
EFuYrn0XUAYErcw

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
A handful of noteworthy names on that waiver list. I thought Goldobin would be a good player for sure. Goes to show what I know.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'll make a claim for Daniel Sprong. Being a RW shot he will be an upgrade to what we will have left on the roster as a RW after the TDL. Hopefully replacing either Toffoli and Lewis.

So who are you sending down tomorrow since the roster is full? Wagner, Grundstrom, Roy, Walker, Lizotte or Bjornfot?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
We don't just have to send someone down, we'd have to give someone away or pay to get rid of a contract. Aren't we at our 50/50 limit?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd send down Walker, or if you must send a forward, Wagner isn't a bad candidate, he had a rough camp.

Sprong is an intriguing talent, a free asset, and we have the luxury of this being kind of a "shrug" year. If you're ever going to experiment with a waiver claim, now's the time.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I see Brown, Carter, Toffoli and Lewis lined up at RW with Iafallo, Kovalchuk, Wagner and Clifford on the left side, not including Grundstrom. Wagner and Grundstrom are also capable of playing either wing. Not sure if there's really any room for Sprong.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
We don't just have to send someone down, we'd have to give someone away or pay to get rid of a contract. Aren't we at our 50/50 limit?

I counted 49 contracts this morning, not including Thomas or Fagemo since they don't count against the 50 limit. Certainly really tight at the cap. When (if) Bjornfot goes down they will be at 48.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
So who are you sending down tomorrow since the roster is full? Wagner, Grundstrom, Roy, Walker, Lizotte or Bjornfot?

I'd send down Walker, or if you must send a forward, Wagner isn't a bad candidate, he had a rough camp.

Sprong is an intriguing talent, a free asset, and we have the luxury of this being kind of a "shrug" year. If you're ever going to experiment with a waiver claim, now's the time.

Sprong is a free asset, but a good one. Put up good numbers in the AHL. Saw some flashes of that with the Ducks right after the Pens trade. Lizotte and Bjornfot should be on the opening night roster, they earned it with a great camp. Other players listed that are waiver exempt can be sent down at least for the first few games, won't hurt them. We are going to lose 2 RW in Lewis and Toffoli , with Frk being the only true RW. We need a RW for the 2nd PP unit that can shot on his off wing. At the very least Sprong is a nice upgrade to Frk, and catch fetch us another pick at the TDL.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Kane two handed slashed the ref. Doesn't matter if it was an accident or not, it has to be answered. Not an over reaction. Sends a message to players to be aware of their stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad