Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I hope the devils finish dead last, Hughes becomes a bust and we win the lottery and pick ahead of them.

Reactions: ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

This new lottery system is the best thing that could have happened. It should have been done a long time ago.

Pittsburgh was guaranteed either Ovechkin or Malkin in 2004. TB was guaranteed Stamkos or Doughty/#2 overall in 2008. The Islanders were guaranteed Tavares or Hedman in 2009.

Poorly managed teams should NOT be guaranteed the top player. They should get the best chances, but it forces teams to improve their infrastructure - from scouting to coaching, management, physicians and facilities - because they can't expect a superstar to save them.

Of course, it sucks to lose out on the lottery as a result, but I would take this 10 times out of 10 if it forces TEAMS to be better.

I agree with all of that, I'm just being a bitter betty over lottery results.

I also don't have a solution, but something has to be done about dropping from 2 -> 5, that's kind of trash, and it 'feels' bad. Like you didn't suffer enough? Here's one more junk kick. But it feels good for teams LOWER than 5, because they got to at least be in competition until the end of the season and have the bonus of getting something awesome out of it, like NJD and CHI last year.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Edmonton was so bad for so long they changed the draft lottery for them and it screwed Buffalo (and us, now, too), so there's nothing I'd love more than Buffalo with Eichel MVP take down Edmonton in the finals, haha.
There's nothing I'd like more than for Edmonton to never sniff the playoffs and watch McDavid bolt the first chance he gets.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Connor McDavid is in the first year of an 8-year contract. Edmonton has his prime years all sewn up. I suppose he could ask for a trade somewhere down the line. Much more likely to see Auston Matthews leaving the Leafs somewhere down the line.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Connor McDavid is in the first year of an 8-year contract. Edmonton has his prime years all sewn up. I suppose he could ask for a trade somewhere down the line. Much more likely to see Auston Matthews leaving the Leafs somewhere down the line.

I'm expecting Matthews to end up at home within 5 years

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i wonder why with all the problems the Penguins have, and given how god awful their roster looks on paper... that they just don't give up roll over and die

i wonder why, for us when shit happens, we look at our roster and go.... yup be patient and keep on draftin'

meanwhile the Penguins continue to roll (even if it is a short term roll)

someone will probably reply: ''two words, Sydney Crosby''

but i still think it goes beyond that

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
i wonder why with all the problems the Penguins have, and given how god awful their roster looks on paper... that they just don't give up roll over and die

i wonder why, for us when **** happens, we look at our roster and go.... yup be patient and keep on draftin'

There’s a reason he’s one of the best players the history of the game. That, and it’s early.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Buffalo may have been screwed of McDavid but the consolation was Eichel and now he's turning out to be an absolute stud. And after all the years of being garbage and having high draft picks I think they will finally be a playoff team for many years to come. Oh and getting the next Lidstrom didn't hurt their rebuilding causes as well. We can only hope one day all our prospects pan out and we don't have to live through the years of Post Gretzky trade.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Connor McDavid’s extra burst of speed is unreal.

We've all seen many many great skaters but have we ever seen a guy that has this much foot speed and agility and burst and it just goes on and on. Truly a special player. Never seen a guy skate this well. So damn smooth and fast. Amazing. Again Eff you Oilers.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I agree with all of that, I'm just being a bitter betty over lottery results.

I also don't have a solution, but something has to be done about dropping from 2 -> 5, that's kind of trash, and it 'feels' bad. Like you didn't suffer enough? Here's one more junk kick. But it feels good for teams LOWER than 5, because they got to at least be in competition until the end of the season and have the bonus of getting something awesome out of it, like NJD and CHI last year.

Finishing 2nd to last , only to jumped over by a team finishing 20th isn't right. Also, if you get the top pick, you have a 3-4 year hold from getting the top pick again. the best you could get would be 5th. As it stands, NJ could get to top pick again, which would be 3 in 4 years.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The league doesn't want tanking. The lottery works to discourage that. It's fine. If you're a legitimately bad team, or have an unlucky season, and you get caught up in that, that's just how the cookie crumbles. You take it, and move on. They don't want fans actively booing a win like what happened in Buffalo. It's a terrible look.

i wonder why, for us when **** happens, we look at our roster and go.... yup be patient and keep on draftin'

What do you think it is if it's not Crosby? The Kings tried to not roll over and die, but then they did. The Pens might lose in the 1st round one year, but then they keep coming back, and they make the playoffs every year.

I saw that too. That's not the same team we saw last night. Sharks are also 2/3 on the pp, and have no problems moving the puck around. :huh:

I'm taking Burns over Doughty at the point on the PP any chance I get.

bigbenbuffalo30

Mar 6, 2018
Hello all. Sabres fan coming in peace.

Looking forward to staying up until 1:30 tonight on the east coast, hope it goes better than last night...

I was wondering...have you guys been a tight-checking, physical team or more open so far this year? Buffalo seems to struggle tactically when we go against a physical and tight team, which Anaheim played like last night. Just wanna know whether or not to expect another tough game for my Sabres tonight.

Hope for a good one, regardless!

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad